What's new

Flooding of <dnsmasq-dhcp> related log and caused my router halted

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

afan007

New Around Here
Hi all, newbie right here.
My router configuration:

RT-AC66U
Firmware:380.66_4

Don't know why I got tons of log about <dnsmasq-dhcp> and caused my router on and off halted. After reboot, it looks fine again, but it will come back again the next day.
You may see the screenshot that I attached here.

So is there anyone of you know what's this? and how could I get rid of it?
Many thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 10.53.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 10.53.41 PM.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 747
Something is trying to connect to the router.

Without seeing more of the log details it is impossible to say what it is.

I've got the same issue. 10.10.10.25 is static IP for my home cameras. I'd read previously that setting it static would fix this problem, but once I did (set the security DVR to static IP both at the device and through the router) the problem persisted just as frequently. Not sure it IS a problem, but this is generating a lot of "traffic" in my log and doesn't seem normal. If it's nothing for the router to handle this traffic, then I'm not really worried about fixing it..... just not sure. Any help, even telling me that it's not worth worrying about, would be apprecaited.

Running ASUS RT-AC87U w/ Merlin firmware 380.62_2

Here's a more complete screen shot of log file. Note that I need to set my logging to "SHOW ALL" for these to even show up.

Attachments

• SNB_01.PNG
    SNB_01.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 479
Go to router settings LAN/DHCP Server and set Hide DHCP/RA queries = Yes - this will stop the flooding. :cool:

As said before: the 10.10. address is internal and the device does a bad job by requesting the IP address again and again - you need to complain to the device manufacturer. :rolleyes:

Some time ago even Apple did such bad stuff with IP address requests on their devices - this is a common error with many device vendors! :confused:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!