What's new

Fork 380.57 HGG-FINAL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it needs to manage more radios and Quantenna code.
Wrong, that's what the BCM4366 is for. Main CPU is a BCM47094. No Quantenna used, only Broadcom.
Please, instead of hitting the reply button immediately, take some time to do some reading, you might confuse other readers. Thanks.

There's plenty of overhead with default CPU speeds. Unless you have >500/500 Mbit WAN connections. But that's not something the majority will have.
Again, NOT. TCP/IP is used for internal LAN to LAN transfer as well. You might hit the max load of the CPU quite easily if doing large transfers to a NAS for example. Using a higher clock CPU will ease those transfers too.

If cpu clock rate didn't affect on performance, so tell me why asus made AC88U with 1400mhz BCM4709C0 cpu? They can use old 1000mhz BCM4709A0

The extra CPU performance benefits the following scenarios:

1) VPN client and servers
2) NAT throughput when you have NAT acceleration disabled due to compatibility issues
3) People using Download Master/AiCloud
4) Marketing, because bigger numbers sell more, a fairly dominant tendency in today's wireless router market (TurboQAM/NitroQAM anyone?)

LAN to LAN performance isn't affected, because that traffic is handled by the switch, not by the CPU. You are already hitting gigabit throughput with a slower CPU.

If you want to have good speeds on macbooks and best wifi coverage for all other devices, then install hggomes 378.55.4 firmware, Set TX Power to 100% (especially for 5Ghz), enable 802.11d, DTIM Interval = 1, Beacon Interval = 20, RTS Threshold to 1400-1600, choose channel 36 for 5G, disable WMM No-Acknowledgement in wifi>professional.

Enable all of this: WMM APSD, Optimize ack suppression, Enable WMM APSD, Airtime Fairness, 802.11ac Beamforming, Universal Beamforming, Optimize AMPDU aggregation.

Turn on adaptive qos (do not turn on traditional or fw acceleration will be turned off)

Overclock it. I overclocked my to 1400 mhz cpu, 800 mhz ddr (bogomips 2798)
AC68U

So if I do all this I guess I should get a fan for it since it will run hotter? What type of performance increase do you think I will see.

LAN to LAN performance isn't affected, because that traffic is handled by the switch, not by the CPU. You are already hitting gigabit throughput with a slower CPU.
In a simple scenario yes (even though depends by the transfer protocol used). If NAT rules are implemented the traffic gets handled by the main CPU.

Overclocking will not provide substantial gain on network (tx/rx) related performance. Only decyphering of VPN keys might benefit a tiny bit.

hggomes: Non sense! You don't know what you're talking about.*

*That applies to himself for some of his sayings too btw. No offence to anyone :)

So if I do all this I guess I should get a fan for it since it will run hotter? What type of performance increase do you think I will see.

You will need a fan if yo decide to overclock to 1000-1400mhz. Overall performance under heavy load will be much higher.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

ac68temp.png

You will need a fan if yo decide to overclock to 1000-1400mhz. Overall performance under heavy load will be much higher.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

ac68temp.png

I would recommend you upgrade to the 380.57.5 version. Very nice performance boost all by itself (no overclock required).

In a simple scenario yes (even though depends by the transfer protocol used). If NAT rules are implemented the traffic gets handled by the main CPU.

There's no NAT involved in a LAN to LAN transfer. The traffic doesn't even hit iptables.

I would recommend you upgrade to the 380.57.5 version. Very nice performance boost all by itself (no overclock required).

There are no 802.11d in 380.57, without .11d I cant use 80mhz channel bandwidth under OS X. There are many routers around with different country codes.

There are no 802.11d in 380.57, without .11d I cant use 80mhz channel bandwidth under OS X. There are many routers around with different country codes.
What 802.11d country u use? And btw. U can set the regulation to d using jffs scripts . i ask it from hggomes. Cuz i got the same probs like u

How did u do set to #a? And when on mac using #a , please try hold option. Then click the wifi. Then see ur wifi then see the country code. What is it?
With #a ccode I have performance like with US ccode but all channels are unlocked. (I dont know from what country this ccode)

[image deleted]

Distance 10m from router

Last edited:
With #a ccode I have performance like with US ccode but all channels are unlocked. (I dont know from what country this ccode)

2016_02_09_19_56_02.png
Think not country. But thx for tips. But try using the command that guide i give to you to enable d. But u need to add more commands to add the regulation country to #a

Status
Not open for further replies.