What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think I may have figured it out....the router 'remembers' the last connection and type....if you are trying to switch between logging on with http and then https, make sure you hit the 'Logout' button on the top of the screen first.

That gives a different error message. I think it was a browser cache issue. Forcing the refresh or using a private mode fixed the issue on https.

I think you should try Logout and close the browser window(s) too.

Is there any Visual Change from the Asus-Merlin Std 374.43 FW?

I installed the v.3 Fork Update for the 374.43 Asus-Merlin F.W. on a couple of Asus RT-AC66 routers yesterday. The install was smooth and the reboot worked fine. I did some tests of power output and basic stuff to ensure that client connectivity was acceptable. Everything was great.

To my observation, everything on this F.W. looks identical to the 374.43 Merlin build that I had on these routers. Other than seeing the change to the build identity at the top of the GUI homepage, I can't tell a difference between the Merlin 374.43 and the Fork.

Is this right? I'm not complaining since the Merlin 374.43 build was working great for me and this new Fork F.W. also seems to be performing fine for the short period of time I have had it installed. I just want to know if I have correctly installed the Fork F.W. and not just kept the 374.43 F.W. with a different name. I didn't clear the nvram this time because I didn't have enough time to do that and reinstall all the settings to get the networks up again.

To my observation, everything on this F.W. looks identical to the 374.43 Merlin build that I had on these routers. Other than seeing the change to the build identity at the top of the GUI homepage, I can't tell a difference between the Merlin 374.43 and the Fork.

Yes, that's all you see is the change in build...all the changes are 'under the hood' so to speak. A couple of functional fixes, OpenSSL up to date with Merlin's builds for security, etc.

If you access the gui via IE10/11 you may see some of the pages format a bit better, but content is the same.

374.43_2 update 3 been working fine for last few days. :)

Also want to mention that I have been running 374.43_2 update 3 since it was available for a few different routers and the experience is great.

RT-N66U, RT-AC66U, RT-68U so far. Will be upgrading an RT-AC56U possibly in the next couple of days.

Thank you again john9527! Keep up the great work.

Please don't break this fork by trying to integrate the ancient sdk5 drivers. :)

dirtyclyde,

I have a customer who is using an RT-AC68U with Dual WAN and there are no issues with v3 of john9527's fork.

I haven't seen your other posts with your issues, but what I did to enable dual wan was simple;

Setup one WAN separately and then setup the other separately. When both are configured to work properly, I then connected the one WAN to the LAN port, enabled dual WAN and it has been working since.

This is is load balance mode. Does this help you?

Hello maybe possible integrate sdk5 wifi drivers in next update?

Sorry, not going to go there. The purpose of this build is to extend the life of the existing 374.43 build by updating a few things as needed...not make a major change like that.

Does this build still give you the option to change the power output to a value instead of having the slider set at 100% as max? How is the 5GHZ signal on this build is it strong and does it disconnect after a couple of days or so until you reboot the router?

Does this build still give you the option to change the power output to a value instead of having the slider set at 100% as max? How is the 5GHZ signal on this build is it strong and does it disconnect after a couple of days or so until you reboot the router?

Yes this build has the option to change the number for TX power no slider. As far as the 5 GHZ band for me it works excellent no dropouts no disconnections. I can't comment on the 2.4 GHZ band because I don't use it and have it disabled.

Yes this build has the option to change the number for TX power no slider. As far as the 5 GHZ band for me it works excellent no dropouts no disconnections. I can't comment on the 2.4 GHZ band because I don't use it and have it disabled.

Thanks very much for info. I don't have any problems with the 2.4ghz in majority of Merlin's build, but I do with the 5ghz band as I would have to reboot my router every couple days then my 5ghz clients can access the internet again, but wired and 2.4ghz bands are fine.

Good evening Smallnet Builder people,

Im still new to hacking the asus routers so I hope my questions aren't asked a million times.
Using google I cant find a answer to my question.
The last two days I have been playing wit a European ac66u and managed to improve the Wi-Fi signal by using code a friend told me.
He reffered me to this site where he got the code.
The code I used in the 66u is
Code:
nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/1/1/regrev=0
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/2/1/regrev=0
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=#a
nvram set regulation_domain=#a
nvram set wl0_country_code=#a
nvram set wl0_country_rev=0
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=off
nvram set wl1_country_code=#a
nvram set wl1_country_rev=0
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=off
nvram commit
reboot

This made a huge change on the 2.4Ghz band.
At the moment im in the middle of moving houses and want the best Wi-Fi signal in the new house.
Because of the experience I whas thinking of buying two ac68u's and use one as a extender or accespoint, I have cabling up to the addic(hope I wrote this correct)
Today I bought the first ac68u to check out its performance wich whas on par with the 66u stock settings.
I therefore flashed this firmware version 3 to the device and telnetted into the device.
I tried to apply the upper command but in the "get" way to get stock information if I ever need to return the device.
The outcome is in the box below.
Code:
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get pci/1/1/ccode
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get pci/1/1/regrev
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get pci/2/1/ccode
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get pci/2/1/regrev
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get regulation_domain_5G
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get regulation_domain
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_country_code
EU
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_country_rev
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_reg_mode
off
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_country_code
EU
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_country_rev
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_reg_mode
h
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root#

As you can see in the code the first 6 lines didn't give any information.
I thought maybe its something in the router so I continued with the lines from the first code box.
After a reboot I could enter 200MW for the 2.4Ghz channel, I thought everything is fine, I applied and rebooted the device.
Now comes the problem, its not giving the extra boost that the code gave to the 66u.
Is this because some of the commands didn't work?
Hope you guys can point me in the right direction to make this happen and ill be happy camper:)
Also I have read about 500MW power, I tried the US settings on the 66u but didn't get any better signal out of that, are there other things I can change to get extra power?
I have read posts about #e also but im not sure what the difference is.
Thx for reading
Mini

The code I used in the 66u is
Code:
nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/1/1/regrev=0
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/2/1/regrev=0
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=#a
nvram set regulation_domain=#a
nvram commit
reboot

...Today I bought the first ac68u to check out its performance wich whas on par with the 66u stock settings.
I therefore flashed this firmware version 3 to the device and telnetted into the device.
I tried to apply the upper command but in the "get" way to get stock information if I ever need to return the device.
The outcome is in the box below.
Code:
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get pci/1/1/ccode
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get pci/1/1/regrev
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get pci/2/1/ccode
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get pci/2/1/regrev
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get regulation_domain_5G
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get regulation_domain
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_country_code
EU
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_country_rev
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_reg_mode
off
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_country_code
EU
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_country_rev
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_reg_mode
h
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root#

As you can see in the code the first 6 lines didn't give any information.
I thought maybe its something in the router so I continued with the lines from the first code box.
After a reboot I could enter 200MW for the 2.4Ghz channel, I thought everything is fine, I applied and rebooted the device.
Now comes the problem, its not giving the extra boost that the code gave to the 66u.
Is this because some of the commands didn't work?

Yes, the command set is different for the AC68U. For the 68U use the following:
Code:
nvram set 0:ccode=#a
nvram set 1:ccode=#a
nvram set 0:regrev=0
nvram set 1:regrev=0
nvram commit
reboot

Also I have read about 500MW power...
Setting #a will give you the max power available.....some people are setting values that try to set 500mW, but I don't believe they are effective.

I have read posts about #e also but im not sure what the difference is.

#e enables all the channels like #a does, but sets a lower maximum power limit.

Finally, remember that there are two ends to this power equation. Just because you make one end talk louder to be heard by the other end (the router to the client), the client isn't talking back any louder in return.

Yes, the command set is different for the AC68U. For the 68U use the following:
Code:
nvram set 0:ccode=#a
nvram set 1:ccode=#a
nvram set 0:regrev=0
nvram set 1:regrev=0
nvram commit
reboot

Setting #a will give you the max power available.....some people are setting values that try to set 500mW, but I don't believe they are effective.

#e enables all the channels like #a does, but sets a lower maximum power limit.

Finally, remember that there are two ends to this power equation. Just because you make one end talk louder to be heard by the other end (the router to the client), the client isn't talking back any louder in return.

Thank you for the information:)
Ill try it tomorow evening.
I am aware the other end needs to support it to but i think it will be alright.
My phone for example gets one bar of wifi signal and gets a connection.
So if the distance stays the same my phone doesnt have to talk louder i think.
It will just get a better more stable signal o hope:)

Good way to phrase it. Seems as though a few posters here have a little trouble grasping this concept (although I think the user you were replying to already gets it).

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!