What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So far so good, thanks for pushing this update out @john9527
Feels good to be behind the security patches.

Hope you feel better, or maybe the meds have you feeling too good......

Thanks for new release. :)
I have just tested DFS channels on RT-AC56U and it's not working. (v25e1)
Set DFS checkbox not stick and no extended channels only 36-48.
Maby I doing it wrong way....:)
nvram get wl_dfs_enable=1
Same issue here with the N66u, i will try to provide more info soon (wasting my life at work right now ;) )

Hi, I have 25J1 on my AC56U. dnsmasq dies unexpectedly. This did not happen in 24J3. I have 6in4 tunneling.
I think I've fixed it:

Code:
nano /tmp/mnt/Optware/adblocking/scripts/ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh

and comment out two lines like this:

#pc_append address=/0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 $CONFIG
#pc_append ptr-record=0.0.0.0.in-addr.arpa,0.0.0.0 $CONFIG

I think I've fixed it:

Code:

Interesting.....

There was a dnsmasq update in V25, but I've been running various drops of the new 2.77 for over a month without any problems (and I need the new level to fix a problem I was having on my Linux boxes).

Those lines look like part of ab-solution? I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish....might be worthwhile to post there as well.

@dirtyclyde - I did some tracing through the code, and it looks like the 'et' module can't fully initialize in AP mode (there are also some port/vlan dependencies which are probably different vs router mode). They don't explicitly block ctf in AP mode, so it falls back to CTF only mode.

What's the desired state? CTF fully disabled if AP mode? That I could probably do, but beyond that I'm nervous about changing anything else.

Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: ctf: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint

This is perfectly normal. It simply indicates that one of the modules has a proprietary license instead of GPL, therefore that specific debug feature isn't enabled in the kernel. This has always been the case.

Interesting.....

There was a dnsmasq update in V25, but I've been running various drops of the new 2.77 for over a month without any problems (and I need the new level to fix a problem I was having on my Linux boxes).

Those lines look like part of ab-solution? I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish....might be worthwhile to post there as well.
Those lines add
Code:
address=/0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
ptr-record=0.0.0.0.in-addr.arpa,0.0.0.0
to /etc/dnsmasq.conf

Those lines add
Code:
address=/0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
ptr-record=0.0.0.0.in-addr.arpa,0.0.0.0
to /etc/dnsmasq.conf
I've had both those lines in my routers (first an N66U, now an AC68U) for a couple of years and never had a problem with dnsmasq dying.

You also reported this issue with the previous release. As no one else has reported the same issue it looks like it is something specific to your own customisations.

I think I've fixed it:

Code:

With that, you just kill the core function of AB-Solution.
Do not change that file, it is dynamically regenerated every time you change something in the AB UI that involves dnsmasq or cron jobs.

I'm 99.99 percent sure that's not your problem. Which AB version are you running?
Post complete dnsmasq.conf file, you can use the show file function in the AB sub menu.

Just updated to the latest fork v25E1 on my AC68U and I'm getting a handshake error when connecting from my OpenVPN client version 2.42. It comes up asking for the username and password but then just hangs after the warning below. Not sure what that means or where I should change any settings to allow it to complete the handshake. Thanks.

Wed May 17 14:09:15 2017 WARNING: --ns-cert-type is DEPRECATED. Use --remote-cert-tls instead.

What do you have in custom config?

I have nothing in my custom config. Just a generated key from the router and basic username/password authentication. I did notice something at the bottom of the config file the router generated in the last fork that I'm using. See below if that's what's making a difference. Thanks very much.

ns-cert-type server
resolv-retry infinite
nobind

Just updated to the latest fork v25E1 on my AC68U and I'm getting a handshake error when connecting from my OpenVPN client version 2.42. It comes up asking for the username and password but then just hangs after the warning below. Not sure what that means or where I should change any settings to allow it to complete the handshake. Thanks.

Wed May 17 14:09:15 2017 WARNING: --ns-cert-type is DEPRECATED. Use --remote-cert-tls instead.
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/release/src/router/openvpn/Changes.rst
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...0-66-beta-is-now-available.38718/#post-319543

I have nothing in my custom config. Just a generated key from the router and basic username/password authentication. I did notice something at the bottom of the config file the router generated in the last fork that I'm using. See below if that's what's making a difference. Thanks very much.

ns-cert-type server ==>> change to "remote-cert-tls server"
resolv-retry infinite
nobind

I think I've fixed it:

Code:

And just to add, you appear not to run pixelserv, install it through AB, your out-commented lines will no longer be needed if they indeed are a problem for your dnsmasq.

With that, you just kill the core function of AB-Solution.
Why? I have pixelserv running at 192.168.2.3. blocking_file has 192.168.2.3 and :: , no 0.0.0.0.
Do not change that file, it is dynamically regenerated every time you change something in the AB UI that involves dnsmasq or cron jobs.

I'm 99.99 percent sure that's not your problem. Which AB version are you running?
Post complete dnsmasq.conf file, you can use the show file function in the AB sub menu.
Can't post it, forum says I'm blocked.

Why? I have pixelserv running at 192.168.2.3. blocking_file has 192.168.2.3 and :: , no 0.0.0.0.
Then you run an old version or have a conflicting manually added command in dnsmasq.conf.add
The latest, AB 3.8x has no such entries in the ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh file if pixelserv is enabled, only AB 3.6.5 falsely added it.

Post dnsmasq.conf and dnsmasq.conf.add to pastebin, then link it to here.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!