What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AFAIK....The data in the lease file is only refreshed when a new lease is issued or an existing lease is renewed. The Refresh button will reread the lease file, but that only changes with the above actions.

Edit....nope...confirmed the behavior has changed....looks like the dnsmasq lease file isn't being updated....off to check the dnsmasq pages.....

Not sure if this is related, I used the same custom dnsmasq settings for .43, .43 update 1, .44, .45 and they all worked. But .43 update 2 seems to have broken all dns resolutions. Reverted to .45 and it is working again.

Not sure if this is related, I used the same custom dnsmasq settings for .43, .43 update 1, .44, .45 and they all worked. But .43 update 2 seems to have broken all dns resolutions. Reverted to .45 and it is working again.

I think that may be related to your ongoing IPv6 problems as opposed to the DNS lease time issue (which I FINALLY tracked down). You may need to do the '30 min' power off of the modem when you change the code (Speculation on....I'm beginning to wonder if there is not an issue with the DUID on IPv6 when you change code levels, even though it's supposed to be a constant). I'm setting up for a new compile cycle now, and will be putting up an Update-03 tomorrow AM.

Edit....nope...confirmed the behavior has changed....looks like the dnsmasq lease file isn't being updated....off to check the dnsmasq pages.....

Well, it took me all afternoon into the evening to track this down, but success. The update to dnsmasq was done by Asus, and picked up by Merlin in the 376.xx stream.

And guess what, Asus modified the standard dnsmasq distribution.

I've updated to the Asus level and am compiling shortly. I'll send a note to those who saw the problem for them to test, then post the update.

Don't know if this related;

With your original build, the RT-N66U would show up as a router and properly named in Network (Windows 8.1).

With this latest 02 build, it now shows as UPnP router.

This was actually also in the Update-01 code (it was luck of the draw based on the order I compiled things whether you would get the right id). I backported the fix for the next compile.

Hello all,

I dont know if anyone can help me but Im currently on Johns 01 firmware and I wanted to change the region to GB because I live in the UK. Currently my router is set to EU. I just want to take advantage of the extra channels.

So i followed these instructions:

nvram get pci/1/1/ccode
nvram get pci/2/1/ccode
nvram get wl0_country_code
nvram get wl1_country_code
nvram get regulation_domain
nvram get regulation_domain_5G

(I put them all in one by one) I used this to check what my router is set to at present

then I did:

nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=GB
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=GB
nvram set wl0_country_code=GB
nvram set wl1_country_code=GB
nvram set regulation_domain=GB
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=GB

I then ran the first set of commands to check my changes have been added.

I then ran:

nvram commit
reboot

However now Im not getting ANYTHING on the 5Ghz. BSSID is all empty in the wireless log and no devices are connecting.

Please can someone help me.

Thanks

Ouch....not would I would like to hear. Is Charter IPv6 enabled?

JS racer,

Clone? Sounds like you didn't do a proper reset to factory defaults after you flashed?

I too just flashed the latest .02 version of this fork on my RT-N66U and the network is working great for me.

not using ipv6, clone was mac address clone.
i did not do a full factory reset after the update. i have used merlins from day 1, factory reset when needed. never went past RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_0
no issues, worked great. hmm

i use nothing fancy on this router, just regular lan stuff (wired/wireless), but i do have several fixed ip settings for devices.
stay where i am ?? range and performance are my concerns, thus never went to merlin 376.44
thanks guys!!

Last edited:
Can i update to this fork from RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.40_0 (merlin original) without a reset (clear nvram)?

Hello all,

I dont know if anyone can help me but Im currently on Johns 01 firmware and I wanted to change the region to GB because I live in the UK. Currently my router is set to EU. I just want to take advantage of the extra channels.

So i followed these instructions:

nvram get pci/1/1/ccode
nvram get pci/2/1/ccode
nvram get wl0_country_code
nvram get wl1_country_code
nvram get regulation_domain
nvram get regulation_domain_5G

(I put them all in one by one) I used this to check what my router is set to at present

then I did:

nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=GB
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=GB
nvram set wl0_country_code=GB
nvram set wl1_country_code=GB
nvram set regulation_domain=GB
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=GB

I then ran the first set of commands to check my changes have been added.

I then ran:

nvram commit
reboot

However now Im not getting ANYTHING on the 5Ghz. BSSID is all empty in the wireless log and no devices are connecting.

Please can someone help me.

Thanks

Instead of GB try EU for europe to see if that helps?

Hmmz, just see your coming from EU. Mine is running in EU mode as I live in the netherlands, 5 ghz works normally here. EU should work
Code:
nvram show |grep code
wl0_country_code=EU
modem_pincode_opt=1
pci/2/1/ccode=EU
wl_country_code=EU
secret_code=52784002
modem_pincode=
ddns_return_code_chk=
pci/1/1/ccode=EU
ddns_return_code=
wl1_country_code=EU

Last edited:
Instead of GB try EU for europe to see if that helps?

That's what its set to now. But the EU (Europe) region doesn't give me the extra 5ghz channels that I'm allowed to use. That's why I want to change it from EU to gb .

Thank you for the reply John! I really appreciate it.

Is the rt-n66u a MIPS or arm device?

And one last question, is there a guide on how to add the script and how to make the script?
(Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm new to all this)

No problem...I think the first thing is to get you back up and running. The N66U is a MIPs router (refers to the processor). You can enter the commands from the referenced post from the lines starting with 'nvram' just like you did when you tried to set the GB country code. This should get you back to the default state (per the post, you may need to follow up with a factory reset after the router reboots).

Then, to create scripts, do a google search on the 'vi' editor (which is the default editor included on the router). If you are a Windows user, you can also look for the program WinSCP which will allow you to browse and edit the router files from an explorer-like interface.

Pardon me if I don't read through the backlog of posts, but why did this get forked out, and is this more preferable if I am on N66U?

Update-03 available

Well, despite my best efforts, a regression was introduced in the Update-02 release. My apologies to those who downloaded early. The good news is that I learned that Asus is sometimes modifying other open source components.

The first post now has the information for the availability of Update-03, and the second release has been removed from the download area.

Hoping this gets the stability I'm striving for.

Thanks everyone for your support.

No problem...I think the first thing is to get you back up and running. The N66U is a MIPs router (refers to the processor). You can enter the commands from the referenced post from the lines starting with 'nvram' just like you did when you tried to set the GB country code. This should get you back to the default state (per the post, you may need to follow up with a factory reset after the router reboots).

Then, to create scripts, do a google search on the 'vi' editor (which is the default editor included on the router). If you are a Windows user, you can also look for the program WinSCP which will allow you to browse and edit the router files from an explorer-like interface.

John I forgot to mention I got the router running again by changing all the GB back to EU and everything went back to normal.

If I just enter the nvram commands in putty (like I did before) will that resolve it?

Then would I need to create a script (or not)?

Thankyou for all the useful information provided. And once again sorry for the continuous questions.

EDIT: If you create the script file using winSCP, will that be ok?

Last edited:
Just updated to ver 03. If I was running the 02 beta, do I need to do a factory reset or anything?

Just updated to ver 03. If I was running the 02 beta, do I need to do a factory reset or anything?

No, shouldn't be necessary....but as always, if anything looks strange that's the first thing to try.

John I forgot to mention I got the router running again by changing all the GB back to EU and everything went back to normal.

If I just enter the nvram commands in putty (like I did before) will that resolve it?

Then would I need to create a script (or not)?

Thankyou for all the useful information provided. And once again sorry for the continuous questions.

EDIT: If you create the script file using winSCP, will that be ok?

First, if you got things up and running switching back to EU, you are fine. Sometimes when people tried to change the country code, it would get 'stuck', and you had to delete some nvram values (the 'unset' commands) to free things up.

From there to increase the channels/power, you may want to start with this thread and look for the entries that change things to #a. http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=16595&highlight=channels

I've been trying to think how to answer your the rest of your question, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to give a high level unix tutorial in just a couple of words....:)

At a high level, the basic steps would be.....
- Have a place to put the script (like enabling jffs on the router)...maybe make a jffs/scripts directory
- Either edit directly or copy from an accessible storage location to create the script (connect via Putty,vi editor/copy or WinSCP)
- Make sure the script has the correct permissions (it's marked as executable with the chmod command or WinSCP right click Properties)
- Run the script and hope it works!

I did a quick search and here are a couple of links that may help you navigate around the unix environment. I didn't go through them in depth, but they looked reasonable.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/
http://www.cs.colostate.edu/helpdocs/vi.html

Does this include Merlins fix for the USB 2.0 LED problem on the RT-AC68U?

The LED stays on even when there is nothing plugged in.

Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on Sammy JB 4.3 (NB6) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!