What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And the wireless..... wireless.JPG

BTW....what type of connection? Native, PPPoE?

And the wireless.....View attachment 4363

BTW....what type of connection? Native, PPPoE?

My connection is automatic DHCP, about the simplest imaginable. The only unusual thing is that I do have IPv6 enabled, but I don't know how unusual that is these days. We've watched at least a couple of Netflix movies in the last day, one on the wired, one on the wireless since we just got a new TV mid-day yesterday. And the usual number of youtube videos via friends' Facebook postings, etc. You see it all in the "internet" graph. However, the other two graphs are pretty sparse, as you see.

I guess I'll just ignore the "wired" and "wireless" graphs, then. I haven't spent much time with the realtime graphs, other than to watch internet traffic occasionally when I'm updating an iOS device or watching a movie, to see what it shows. As I said, the internet graph seems pretty accurate.

Otherwise, the router has been working great. The router has been up 11 days, going on 12, which is just about an all-time record for me, since I usually am testing new firmware on the various routers that I have here. I've kind of settled on the RT-AC68P in the last couple of weeks, and it has been working well. Aside from this one anomaly.

My connection is automatic DHCP, about the simplest imaginable. The only unusual thing is that I do have IPv6 enabled
I don't have native IPv6, but do run an HE Tunnel....so don't think it's IPv6 related. The other thing that struck me as strange, is your internet graph was all 'blue'....blue is outgoing traffic????? Now from the data at the bottom, it looks like it may be overlaying outgoing data with incoming data (the in's and outs are virtually equal). That's why if you get a chance, it would be interesting to get some controlled realtime data.

Is the fork merlin useful in any way, for me!, dont have any crazy settings on my RT-N66U, just got my 2,4GHz wifi network.

Hello, I have just gotten a RT-AC68U, and started with the quick setup with the stock firmware, in that process I created a password for logging in to the router configuration WebUI, after that I updated with this firmware from this thread to try it out. Problem is now I can´t get back in in the damn thing, it won´t accept my password and nothing seems to work, I have tried the reset you recommen with pressing the WPS button for 5 seconds after starting the router up, I have also tried pressing the reset button both just once quick and holding it for 10 seconds, nothing happens, it it will prompt me for my username which is just: admin and then when i type in the password it just asks again and says its wrong (and yes I have checked CAPS)
Can anyone help or is just bricked?? :(

Hello, I have just gotten a RT-AC68U, and started with the quick setup with the stock firmware, in that process I created a password for logging in to the router configuration WebUI, after that I updated with this firmware from this thread to try it out. Problem is now I can´t get back in in the damn thing, it won´t accept my password and nothing seems to work, I have tried the reset you recommen with pressing the WPS button for 5 seconds after starting the router up, I have also tried pressing the reset button both just once quick and holding it for 10 seconds, nothing happens, it it will prompt me for my username which is just: admin and then when i type in the password it just asks again and says its wrong (and yes I have checked CAPS)

Have you tried, username=admin
password= admin
or refreshing the page or try re-entering 192.168.1.1
If you have clear nvram(wps button + power),password and username are reset

I got the same issue everytime im coming from Rmerlin FW to the Fork for testing, and im always solved this by re-entring 192.168.1.1 and after, username=admin Password=admin, and reconfig from the beginning
Good luck
PS: AC68 is praticly impossible to brick, mine was flashed 100 times +

Last edited:

Sitting here with my new RT-N66U, and have research´d this merlin FW for a week now, and this!!! is why i have my dought flashing it o_O... was about to to day But......:cool:

If you did the reset propperly you should be redirected to the set up page by going to 192.168.1.1 then you would have to reenter all settings again. As stated a reset will reset the user name and password back to default. Admin,admin

@RogerSC, is there any applications runing in the router? I guess all traffic from Download Manager will be shown in "internet" graph only. The "wired" graph only monitors those 4 lan ports, not including router itself.

Also, blue graph means some kinds of BT app is seeding the file? (outgoing data > incoming data)

I have been manually turning off the LEDs by pushing the button at the back after each reboot. Is there a command to turn off all LEDs? Would like to add it into my startup scripts. Thanks.

Enable Stealth Mode under Tools -> Other Settings.

If you did the reset propperly you should be redirected to the set up page by going to 192.168.1.1 then you would have to reenter all settings again. As stated a reset will reset the user name and password back to default. Admin,admin
Hi guys,
I finally got it to work, must have made some mistake, but it is up and running now. One thing though how do I do the factory reset after I have flashed it with the Fork Merlin firmware? The 5 second press WPS and start the router doesn't seem to work, what am I doing wrong? Or is it neccessary at all, everything seems to be working. Would like to know how it's done though. :)

Hi guys,
I finally got it to work, must have made some mistake, but it is up and running now. One thing though how do I do the factory reset after I have flashed it with the Fork Merlin firmware? The 5 second press WPS and start the router doesn't seem to work, what am I doing wrong? Or is it neccessary at all, everything seems to be working. Would like to know how it's done though. :)

So is this how i should do ?

Fork Merlin ( RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-13E1j9527.trx ) Asus RT-N66U

1. Simply flash it like any regular update. You should not need to
reset to factory defaults (see note below for exceptions).
You can revert back to an original Asus firmware at any time just
by flashing a firmware downloaded from Asus's website.

resetting to factory default after flashing is
strongly recommended

(A factory default reset is NOT required if coming from any level of the fork or Merlin 374.42 or 374.43 code. Coming from any other level does require a factory default reset after the code is loaded.) Im on Asus`s New Firmware.

Hi guys,

Do it through the GUI making sure to remove any USB devices and rebooting the router first. Then, reset router to factory defaults. And make sure you manually and minimally setup the router afterwards (do not use a backup config file).

If you reset using the WPS method you hold down the WPS button then power up the router and continue to hold down the WPS button for 15 seconds then release and wait for router to reset and boot.

You can also simply press the indented reset button while the router is on holding for 15 seconds then release the router will reset and reboot. Then reconfigure all settings and enjoy.

So is this how i should do ?

Fork Merlin ( RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-13E1j9527.trx ) Asus RT-N66U

1. Simply flash it like any regular update. You should not need to
reset to factory defaults (see note below for exceptions).
You can revert back to an original Asus firmware at any time just
by flashing a firmware downloaded from Asus's website.

resetting to factory default after flashing is
strongly recommended

(A factory default reset is NOT required if coming from any level of the fork or Merlin 374.42 or 374.43 code. Coming from any other level does require a factory default reset after the code is loaded.) Im on Asus`s New Firmware.

You need to reset to factory defaults. See post above. ;)

If you reset using the WPS method you hold down the WPS button then power up the router and continue to hold down the WPS button for 15 seconds then release and wait for router to reset and boot.

You can also simply press the indented reset button while the router is on holding for 15 seconds then release the router will reset and reboot. Then reconfigure all settings and enjoy.
Got it :) I somehow missed it should be 15 seconds and only pressed 5 seconds, so everything is up and running now.
One mor equestion though, it is my first ac router is it normal that I get two wireless SSID´s one for 2,4 ghz and one for 5 ghz, and which should I connect to, I thought I was just going to get one that supported both? But as you can see I am quite new to this, so I might not understand it correctly. Is it possible to have them as one SSID or will that be a bad idea?

Some people use the same SSID for both bands and let there client decide what band they want to connect to assuming the client supports both 2.4 and 5 Ghz. I prefere to have different SSID names for each band that way i control what my clients connect to. Every one has there own prefrence its really up to you. But remember your client/devices must support 5 ghz for them to even see the 5 ghz SSID.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!