What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Now for the big question, with the new restrictions that is being built in...can I go back to your firmware using the ASUS recovery method if I'm unable to use Merlin's?
AFAIK, yes you can go back to this fork with the Recovery Tool. Also, this is one case where the built in save configuration can be used. Save the config from the gui, then if you decide you want to come back, you can restore that config and should be back exactly where you started.

Did you get the idea to fix downstream QoS after you added the extra iptable marks last year?
Actually, it's been on my mind for a long time. I was going to try and implement IFB which would be ARM only. But then I got an idea of a different method to try that would be a bit easier to implement and also work on MIPS when I backported the Bandwidth limiter QoS.

Always appreciate good debug help! :) Especially when I cannot set up the environment. I'll definitely take a look at what you found.

PS - There should be fix in 22E2 for the ping detect issue you had previously found. Should now work regardless of the redirect setting.

Glad to help! I try to go the extra mile to ease your burden whenever I can although I can only debug as far as loading github and trying to manually follow a logic scenario in the source code, not an easy task sometimes!

I’ll probably update later today, cannot resist not being in the last final release, damn!

AFAIK, yes you can go back to this fork with the Recovery Tool. Also, this is one case where the built in save configuration can be used. Save the config from the gui, then if you decide you want to come back, you can restore that config and should be back exactly where you started.

If you care, I tried the upgrade & noticed this:
from the repeater wifi log (AC66U)
John's build -53dB
Merlin's build -53dB (no change)

From the Master wifi log (AC3200)
John's build -60 to -61dB
Merlin's build -64dB

I'm assuming it is only measuring the receive signal str, which tells me the AC66U transmits weaker than the AC3200. The AC3200 is maxed out & with John's build, I've played with 25w-140w & it made absolutely zero difference on the dB readings & noise. I haven't tried with Merlin's build yet, but I will. I've had the antenna tuned pretty well in position & have not moved it since.

Update:
I don't what's going on, but it is randomly restarting frequently. I'll try another reset later & keep the 2.4GHz powered instead.

Last edited:
Hello,

I updated tofay to the latest Firmware. I have an ASUS RT-N66U. Since the Update i can only see online devices in the AICloud. But i have several other devices which are online.
How can I fix that?

Greetings Andy

Thx to John and all testers.

Upgrade from -20E9 to -22E2 done. (RT-N66U)
Had to reformat jffs, no big deal with a backup.

Hello,

I updated tofay to the latest Firmware. I have an ASUS RT-N66U. Since the Update i can only see online devices in the AICloud. But i have several other devices which are online.
How can I fix that?

Greetings Andy
The latest update didn't make any changes to AICloud that I am aware of.
A couple of questions....
- I see you are relatively new on the forum (Welcome!). Sometimes people confuse this fork with the latest Merlin release. Just to confirm you are using the 374 fork.
- If indeed it's the 374 fork, can you provide a little more detail/example. I don't normally run AICloud in my environment.

Painless upgrade on the n66u as usual. Working well.
I also simplified my home network and don't need the media server or an extra 5ghz guest network for my dumb smart sony tv which sees the same ssid twice for the two bands.
Didn't know adding an old laptop to my home theater setup could solve so many of life's problem :D
I've come to realize that the less configuration changes from stock settings done, the better (barring security settings of course).
Thanks for your continued efforts on this fork John.

I've come to realize that the less configuration changes from stock settings done, the better (barring security settings of course).
There's a wise man :)

Just in case anyone wonders, I activate a lot of stuff just to have it running to look for problems...This is my 'everday' setup.

IPv6 Native with a /60 prefix
DHCP Manual assignments
Port Trigger
Port Forward
UPnP
Network Services Filter
Traditional QoS
Media Server
SAMBA (router as Master Browser/WINS server)
NFS Server
NTPD time server serving all LAN clients
OpenVPN Server
OpenVPN Client w/policy routing (PIA)
DNSSEC (w/strict enforcement)
DNSCrypt
Guest Network (1 each 2.4/5GHz)
HTTP and HTTPS router access (both running on non-standard ports)
SSH access (w/key)
No router services exposed to WAN

/bin/ping has the "'-I" parameter to specify the interface to be used, I had no luck trying to enter either wanX_ifname not wanX_pppoe_ifname (my wan1 is pppoe) but it seems to work with wanX_ipaddr although that might need an additional check in the code for cases were the return value is 0.0.0.0 since that makes ping come out of the default route as well
This might not work after all, even though ping states it is pinging from the selected ip. Al least as far as traceroute goes, no matter what interface I choose, everything goes through the default route...

There's a wise man :)

Just in case anyone wonders, I activate a lot of stuff just to have it running to look for problems...This is my 'everday' setup.

IPv6 Native with a /60 prefix
DHCP Manual assignments
Port Trigger
Port Forward
UPnP
Network Services Filter
Traditional QoS
Media Server
SAMBA (router as Master Browser/WINS server)
NFS Server
NTPD time server serving all LAN clients
OpenVPN Server
OpenVPN Client w/policy routing (PIA)
DNSSEC (w/strict enforcement)
DNSCrypt
Guest Network (1 each 2.4/5GHz)
HTTP and HTTPS router access (both running on non-standard ports)
SSH access (w/key)
No router services exposed to WAN

John,
I ended up reverting back to your firmware with the AC66U. In repeater mode, it was rebooting quite frequently (every 30-120 mins) & didn't provide any log details as to why. I reverted back as your build had far fewer issues.

I recommend anyone running Mediamode to stick with your firmware build.

Ran into a problem with the new version (22E2). When I log out from the router but then immediately go back to 192.168.1.1 it doesn't ask for my username or password. I'm just at the main firmware screen.

I then reentered my password in the Administration->System tab. After that it works properly. The password isn't somehow being erased on upgrade is it?

Ran into a problem with the new version (22E2). When I log out from the router but then immediately go back to 192.168.1.1 it doesn't ask for my username or password. I'm just at the main firmware screen.

I then reentered my password in the Administration->System tab. After that it works properly. The password isn't somehow being erased on upgrade is it?

I've had that on various versions of the fork. Logging out and then closing the browser erases the login credentials for me. If I don't close the browser, it seems to stay logged in.

It's always done that. The browser seems to cache the credentials. If you restart the browser it then asks for the login details.

It's always done that. The browser seems to cache the credentials. If you restart the browser it then asks for the login details.
Correct.....this fork still uses http validation and as long as the browser window remains open the credentials will be cached.

I did:

killall -9 dropbear;dropbear -s -a

But it does not stick, at every Apply the default dropbear options get loaded instead of my hack.

Correct.....this fork still uses http validation and as long as the browser window remains open the credentials will be cached.
Interesting. Well, after reentering my password as described, I was prompted for my username and password when I attempted to login after logging out. This is with Chromium in Linux, FWIW.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!