What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 47EB (RT-AC68U V3, Lets Encrypt CLI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not required in Merlin either... You're just doing it wrong :D
I gathered that. If I didn't try both the main firmware and John's fork, I wouldn't have realized that.

Yup, just applying a bit of levity/having fun with the issue as I'm learning bit by bit what I'm doing wrong (lots when I first started in this forum), and even now practices that others already know better that I'm still doing.

I really like this forum, great/talented group of people and a rich source of information and empowerment. :)

I gathered that. If I didn't try both the main firmware and John's fork, I wouldn't have realized that.

Yup, just applying a bit of levity/having fun with the issue as I'm learning bit by bit what I'm doing wrong (lots when I first started in this forum), and even now practices that others already know better that I'm still doing.

I really like this forum, great/talented group of people and a rich source of information and empowerment. :)
knowledge is power, we all started somewhere! before I joined this forum I was locked into the world of just using the ISP router :O

Where should I watch for the Fork's new release threads? Can't get used to this new thread system ()-8
Yeah, a bit controversial when it first happened but I've settled into the new paradigm. What I do, (It's kind of hit and miss--fortunately mostly hit) if you just merely click on a thread that is in any way related to John's forked firmware then look at the bottom of your browser window at [Similar threads], you'll usually find a thread that you are looking for.

Last edited:
knowledge is power, we all started somewhere! before I joined this forum I was locked into the world of just using the ISP router :O
OMgoodness!!!! It's hard to believe sometimes where the mighty had started out! Even I NEVER used a ISP router. :eek: (Mostly because I'm such a cheapskate--most time's break even for most networking rentals vs. purchases was about a year maybe 2)

For a very short time (an age ago) I directly attached my desktop to my cable modem (Docsis 1.1, I think). My first router was a Linksys EtherFast BEFSR41 ($200.00) and it wasn't wireless. I still own both!! Every once in a while, nostalgically, I start my old equipment up and look at their old/simple/dated GUI--Looks nothing like the extensive Merlin AsusWRT GUI. About as different as a WWI biplane and a Stealth Bomber.

Last edited:
On media bridge in webgui I can see new version 47EB and wifi seems to be connected to my 5G SSID on router.
But no IP connectivity anymore .. no connection to the router itself and all the other devices connected to the router.
Wow....that was unexpected....but I setup a Media Bridge config and was able to recreate the problem. For some reason the MB isn't negotiating it's IPv4 address.
There's not an obvious commit that would affect this, so I'm going to have to do some bisect builds to try and narrow down the offending change.
Stay tuned....

I'm experiencing slow LAN to WAN speeds since 46E8 and 47EB: 360mbit/s max.
On RT-AC56U_374.43_45EAj9527 I get 600mbit/s.
WAN to LAN is maxed out on all versions.

Any idea if there is a setting I can tweak to fix this?

I setup a Media Bridge config
Well....going to need to wait a bit for me to look into this. Walked out of the room and when I came back my $25 Ebay backup AC68 was dark/dead. Ordered another backup to be here next week. Sorry for the delay.

Well....going to need to wait a bit for me to look into this. Walked out of the room and when I came back my $25 Ebay backup AC68 was dark/dead. Ordered another backup to be here next week. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for looking into this issue !

Pls take your time .. pls let me know if I can help testing.

Cheers

If it can help : I also had Media Bridge down with fork release 45EC_2020-11-26 on RT-N66U. I thought it was "normal"/an Asus issue with as the official firmware (374 and up) also had problems according to forum discussions...
(The wifi network list never appeared in the list of Access Points on the second step of web UI wizard going to "Media bridge" initial choice.)

I found this fw fine with media bridge :

" Merlin 380.66_ 0 for Asus RT-N66U makes a great Media Bridge!!
(Was not operationnal on 374.43_2 LTS fork.)
"
Cf. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-media-bridge-stability.12422/page-5
(I was mistaken I think 374.45 and not 43.)

I can help/test/troubleshoot too if needed ! ;)
Cheers2,

I'm experiencing slow LAN to WAN speeds since 46E8 and 47EB: 360mbit/s max.
On RT-AC56U_374.43_45EAj9527 I get 600mbit/s.
WAN to LAN is maxed out on all versions.

Any idea if there is a setting I can tweak to fix this?
Don't know if you're running a GIG Wan but I had similar issues with speed on Bell Fibe and no matter what I did nothing helped..wiped the router twice and restored using NVRAM utility. Issue disappeared and back to full GIG speeds with Bell...running PPOE passthrough. See thread below.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/level-1-ctf-vs-level-2-ctf.67820/post-636137

Thanks for looking into this issue !

Pls take your time .. pls let me know if I can help testing.

Cheers
Well....I have indeed isolated it to the new wireless drivers when the router is running in Media Bridge mode (also probably some issues as a Repeater). There's a support function that queries status in those modes (wlcconnect_core) that I believe has changed, but ASUS has now moved it to closed source so I can't see it or easily try to pick it up.

So...I've built a 48E1 release in the new 'Development-Beta' folder for you to try which backs out the RT-AC68U V3 support. Unfortunately, that model support may need to go for this fork.
If you get a chance, please give it a try. Thanks.

Ok, if I test RT-N66U Media Bidge with fw 48E1 it will help somehow ?

If John compiled firmware for n66, why not? I'm actually considering using my n66 for media bridge but I guess I should wait until the bug is ironed out

Ok looking at the release notes of 48E1 I wasn't sure it was fixing media bridge (not clear /mostly for RT-AC68U changes)... Thks,

Bug should only affect RT-AC68U when used as a Media Bridge (maybe also as a Repeater) under 47EB. Others should be fine.

Well....I have indeed isolated it to the new wireless drivers when the router is running in Media Bridge mode (also probably some issues as a Repeater). There's a support function that queries status in those modes (wlcconnect_core) that I believe has changed, but ASUS has now moved it to closed source so I can't see it or easily try to pick it up.

So...I've built a 48E1 release in the new 'Development-Beta' folder for you to try which backs out the RT-AC68U V3 support. Unfortunately, that model support may need to go for this fork.
If you get a chance, please give it a try. Thanks.

Yep - it's working now !

Just flashed 48E1 on RT-AC68P Media Brigde and all is working like on 46E9 .. no IP connectivity issues anymore !
The main RT-AC68U in Router mode is still running 46E9.

Thanks a lot !

Theres a bug with the wifi status icon in the gui just realised, I mouse over it and it says wifi enabled but icon is black on n66u latest release and beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!