What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 48E7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sendmail is standard as part of busybox...nothing special in the fork.

One thing I found is that the mail servers I was using to send the mail would complain when using a custom 'name' for the sender (maybe a spam/security check). Try setting the sender 'name' to be the same as your sending email address instead of something like Asus Router

I have already answered before: Everything solved, it was a problem with my Gmail account (from). I have created a new account and now everything works fine.

Thanks!

I have already answered before: Everything solved, it was a problem with my Gmail account (from). I have created a new account and now everything works fine.
Posts passing in cyberspace...Nevermind on my suggestion :)

For anyone reading the thread though, at least hotmail.com doesn't like the custom name. It must be set as a valid email address when asked the question during the setup.

Glad to hear it now works!!!! Thanks for always providing quick feedback during the debug.

EDIT2: Everything solved, it was a problem with my Gmail account (from). I have created a new account and now everything works fine.
Yay :cool:

The old Merlin wiki noted the Equifax certificate was required but in my testing something changed over the years and I found the Equifax certificate is no longer reqd. It used to be a part of my script but I depreciated it. I was worried whatever sendmail used for a cert wasnt part of Johns fork but looks like its okay, and if people have issues with Gmail/sendmail they can try port 465/SSL which in my script uses curl.

Yay :cool:

The old Merlin wiki noted the Equifax certificate was required but in my testing something changed over the years and I found the Equifax certificate is no longer reqd. It used to be a part of my script but I depreciated it. I was worried whatever sendmail used for a cert wasnt part of Johns fork but looks like its okay, and if people have issues with Gmail/sendmail they can try port 465/SSL which in my script uses curl.

The Equifax Certificate is giving me problems since yesterday, I use this one instead and it works fine for Gmail, no errors: roots.rar

The Equifax Certificate is giving me problems since yesterday, I use this one instead and it works fine for Gmail, no errors: roots.rar
If wicens is working for you now its not coded to reference any cert

One last question John, I have a beta version 48D3 installed. When the new public-releases come out, can I update without losing the 48D3 modifications for STUB?

Hi @Maverickcdn ,

I have a "ddns-start.sh" script that connects to the NOIP servers and updates my ISP's new IP.

What line of wicens code can I put to call "ddns-start.sh" right after wicens detects the new IP?

Thanks

I have a "ddns-start.sh" script that connects to the NOIP servers and updates my ISP's new IP.c
Any reason you're not just using the firmware DDNS gui to do the work? wicens should continue to run automatically even with the gui DDNS.

Any reason you're not just using the firmware DDNS gui to do the work? wicens should continue to run automatically even with the gui DDNS.
Perhaps I have not understood it correctly, I thought that wicens only detects the IP change and reports via email but does not update the NOIP servers.

What I want is that once wicens immediately detects the WAN IP change, the change can be forced on the NOIP servers manually (that's why I thought of an external script and not the firmware ddns gui).

Ideally, you should detect the change, report it by email, and immediately change the IP on the NOIP servers.

Excuse me but I'm a newbie as a programmer.

Last edited:
What I want is that once wicens immediately detects the WAN IP change, the change can be forced on the NOIP servers manually (that's why I thought of an external script and not the firmware ddns gui).
wicens will detect the change and send the email. The DDNS gui (firmware) will also detect the change and take care of updating the DDNS server.

What line of wicens code can I put to call "ddns-start.sh" right after wicens detects the new IP?
Option S within wicens will let you input your own script to be called on a WAN IP change if you dont go the DDNS through GUI route like John mentioned

ok i understood.
Thanks.
Sorry, Ill just mention again as well, everything about wicens is untested on this fork. If you end up trying out the script calling feature let me know please if it worked or not for you.

Sorry, Ill just mention again as well, everything about wicens is untested on this fork. If you end up trying out the script calling feature let me know please if it worked or not for you.
No problem, I like to test and I appreciate your help.
The external script started it successfully. See WAN reset log extract (Reset ONT)

Bash:
Mar 13 09:32:59 ntp: NTP update successful after 1 attempt(s)
Mar 13 09:33:01 script-wan-start: Enviado Email de notificacion
Mar 13 09:33:03 rc_service: ipv6-up 28154:notify_rc start_rdnssd
Mar 13 09:33:03 wan6: wan6 interface ppp0 is up
Mar 13 09:33:03 rc_service: ipv6-up 28154:notify_rc start_firewall
Mar 13 09:33:03 rc_service: waiting "start_rdnssd" via ipv6-up ...
Mar 13 09:33:04 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules (/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_vlan20)!
Mar 13 09:33:04 start_nat_rules: (/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_vlan20) success!
Mar 13 09:33:07 wicens[26497]: cron : WAN IP has changed to 185.XXX.XXX.54
Mar 13 09:33:07 wicens[26497]: cron : Executed custom script /jffs/scripts/ddns-start and put in background with PID 28580
Mar 13 09:33:07 ddns-start: Inicio del actualizador DDNS v3.0  # <- Start ddns-start script, that updates NOIP servers
Mar 13 09:33:07 wicens[26497]: cron : Success updating wicens script w/ new WAN IP
Mar 13 09:33:08 ddns: Completed custom ddns update
Mar 13 09:33:08 ddns-start: Servidor NOIP actualizado correctamente a 185.XXX.XXX.54.
Mar 13 09:33:10 wicens[26497]: cron : Done sending Email 1 of 1 update your clients to 185.XXX.XXX.54

Last edited:
For anyone experiencing problems with daylight savings time, please see the following post....

For anyone experiencing problems with daylight savings time, please see the following post....

DST now working fine with 48D4. Thanks John.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!