What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 48E7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@john9527 It looks like the sha hashes in the initial post are incorrect. Can you post the correct ones from your local copies?
Fixed....
just for reference, there is also an sha256sums.sha256 in the download dir, as well as the individual sha256sum in each router model zip. Both of these are auto-generated during the build process.

Thanks! I usually check that your post, the sha file in the download dir, and the one in the zip file all match. I'll know who to blame if there's ever a backdoor discovered ;-)

Thanks much for all your work in maintaining this super stable firmware!

Hi,

Is the memory consumption of these two processes normal?
/sbin/wanduck
watchdog

1616367786984.png

Thanks.

@diamuxin
That memory use did seem on the high side. The only thing I saw with a quick look at the code is that the memory use for those two processes may increase if you had been playing with any of the router native time scheduling options.....reboot, guest network, parental controls.

If it happens again, see if it's stable high or consistently increasing over time.

@diamuxin
That memory use did seem on the high side. The only thing I saw with a quick look at the code is that the memory use for those two processes may increase if you had been playing with any of the router native time scheduling options.....reboot, guest network, parental controls.

If it happens again, see if it's stable high or consistently increasing over time.

The use of the router is the usual in a family home, there is no parental control, there is no guest network, there is no use of QoS, only use by DHCP connected devices: TV, laptops, smartphones, NAS Server, Notifications of Jffs scripts, etc. After restarting 8 hours ago, both processes are again on the memory top.

1616432419389.png

Bash:
admin@RT-AC66U-2940:/tmp/home/root# free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        239532      97572     141960          0      11828      33064
-/+ buffers/cache:      52680     186852
Swap:      2097140          0    2097140

Are these services necessary? Can you kill or disable?

Thanks.

@john9527 first of , thank you so much ! i really like your fork and been using it on my N66U !
I just picked up "RT-AC66U B1" I have done some research, some suggest you should flash it with the "AC-68" since they use the same firmware?
Can you please confirm?

Appreciate it.

@john9527 first of , thank you so much ! i really like your fork and been using it on my N66U !
I just picked up "RT-AC66U B1" I have done some research, some suggest you should flash it with the "AC-68" since they use the same firmware?
Can you please confirm?

Appreciate it.
Yes, for an AC66U B1 (fixed antennas with a USB3 port in front) you use the AC68U build. Gotta love the ASUS model naming :mad:

Two quick questions:

1. Can I install the fork from the GUI on an AC68U already running Merlin 384.18? Partitions are different in 384.18...
  2. Will AMTM and related scripts work here (I need SPDMERLIN for sure, YAZFI would be nice).

I have a busy setup and I am thinking an older version may require less resources. Working great on my RT-N16 so it's a great fork (Thanks, John!).

Can I install the fork from the GUI on an AC68U already running Merlin 384.18? Partitions are different in 384.18...
No, sorry. You need to use either the CFE mini-server ot Firmware restoration tool.
  1. Will AMTM and related scripts work here (I need SPDMERLIN for sure, YAZFI would be nice).
I haven't kept up with which addons are currently supported on the fork (I provide an interface which is a bit different than Merlin). You'll need to check directly with the authors. AMTM is included in the build.

dirty flash from 46E8J Dec 2020 to current on N66U

N66U just has OpenVPN server running.

running just fine.

Update-48E7 has been posted. Details in first post. Enjoy!

Decided to try a change to the release announcements. Instead of opening a new thread for each new release, a new thread will be opened and updated for each major revision (i.e. 48). Keep a little bit better continuity.

@john9527 I've been downloading and running your fork versions with a "D" instead of an "E" . My last firmware version for my 68U currently is 47D9. Are there any differences between those two versions. I'm planning to update to 48E7. Is that OK? Thanks for your hard work.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!