What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 49E4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this started happening a couple of updates ago and i'm not sure if it's by design but when I SSH to the router the diversion autoupdate launches, before i was able to write commands. How can I change/fix this? Thanks for the hardwork!

Hello, this started happening a couple of updates ago and i'm not sure if it's by design but when I SSH to the router the diversion autoupdate launches, before i was able to write commands. How can I change/fix this? Thanks for the hardwork!
Is there anything in /jffs/configs/profile.add or /opt/etc/profile that seems like it might be invoking diversion? Seems odd.

when I SSH to the router the diversion autoupdate launches
Strange indeed. The only recent change related to SSH was in rel 47 where I changed the MOTD slightly to include the build id. I wouldn't expect that anyone would key off that though.

Is there anything in /jffs/configs/profile.add or /opt/etc/profile that seems like it might be invoking diversion? Seems odd.
may be a noobie question but how can't I access those files if i can go to the console. If I exit diversion the putty closes.

Strange indeed. The only recent change related to SSH was in rel 47 where I changed the MOTD slightly to include the build id. I wouldn't expect that anyone would key off that though.
actually was like 3 updates ago, probably in the beginning of the year i didn't bother to find a solution thought might be a temporary bug or some weird interaction

may be a noobie question but how can't I access those files if i can go to the console. If I exit diversion the putty closes.
If you eject/remove the USB drive does it let you login normally?

Now run
Code:
cat /jffs/configs/profile.add

ASUSWRT-Merlin LTS RT-AC68U 49E4 Sun May 2 15:55:32 UTC 2021
admin@RT-AC1900P-95F8:/tmp/home/root# cat /jffs/configs/profile.add
cat: can't open '/jffs/configs/profile.add': No such file or directory

But it's ok, anytime I need to use the console i'll just remove the disk.

admin@RT-AC1900P-95F8:/tmp/home/root# cat /jffs/configs/profile.add
cat: can't open '/jffs/configs/profile.add': No such file or directory

But it's ok, anytime I need to use the console i'll just remove the disk.
If you plug the disk in while already logged in, run these 2:
Code:
cat /opt/etc/profile
ls -l /opt/bin

If you plug the disk in while already logged in, run these 2:
Code:
cat /opt/etc/profile
ls -l /opt/bin

admin@RT-AC1900P-95F8:/tmp/home/root# cat /opt/etc/profile
cat: can't open '/opt/etc/profile': No such file or directory
admin@RT-AC1900P-95F8:/tmp/home/root# ls -l /opt/bin
ls: /opt/bin: No such file or directory
admin@RT-AC1900P-95F8:/tmp/home/root#

admin@RT-AC1900P-95F8:/tmp/home/root# cat /opt/etc/profile
cat: can't open '/opt/etc/profile': No such file or directory
admin@RT-AC1900P-95F8:/tmp/home/root# ls -l /opt/bin
ls: /opt/bin: No such file or directory
admin@RT-AC1900P-95F8:/tmp/home/root#
That is after the drive had been plugged in again?

Is there a way to include all the traffic generated by a client when it is connected with a open vpn server?... In my rt-n66u with the old merlin firmware, 380.70, if I was connected to the vpn, my IP address was the same as the router and I was able to browse a geo-blocked site (...blocked for ip addresses outside the nation the rt-n66u is installed...); I mean: the rt-n66u was in Switzerland and the client in Italy; when I was connect to the openvpn configured on the router, the IP address of the client was Switzerland, and I was able to connect to a geo-blocked streaming service. With this 374 LTS, when the client is connected to the openvpn server, the IP address is italian; there is some parameter on the server or client side that I should enable?...

Last edited:
And another 50xx Dev working great! Some day I'll have to try these new features you keep adding...

Edit: It's 50D6

Last edited:
Hi,

With the past few releases I've been experiencing random router reboots. Approx 2 per week.

I was on 48E2 -> 49D6 -> 50D6 (have been updating in the hope something in a newer build fixes it, but its still happening...

Please let me know what data/info I can supply to help diagnose this. syslog: https://pastebin.com/74ur05Wk

Last edited:
Hi,

With the past few releases I've been experiencing random router reboots. Approx 2 per week.

I was on 48E2 -> 49D6 -> 50D6 (have been updating in the hope something in a newer build fixes it, but its still happening...

Please let me know what data/info I can supply to help diagnose this. syslog attached.
I only see one unexplained restart in your log. That was at 05:30 this morning. Do you have a scheduled rebooted configured?

I do, at 3am on a Sunday:
1625830698793.png

Yep, to clarify, I'm using an RR-AC66U and the log only shows the most recent occurrence as I flashed 50D6 earlier this week in the hope it might fix it... but then today another reboot occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!