What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 51E3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea okay so I was wrong. using netspot instead it shows the channel width at 80MHz, and transfering a 1GB file using windows got me speeds in the 80-240Mbps range which is in line with what I was getting before. oh and windows shows 727Mbps link speed now which is correct

Sorry for the confusion, guess inssider and jperf are no good. or perhaps it was just rebooting the router haha

Oh wow, so happy again to see john doing his great stuff!

I had been (stupidly?) following the the stickied 374 fork thread and hadn't seen an update under Current release: beyond 49E4 linked in there. Any way to update that thread so it stays current?

Anyways, about to go upgrade to 51E3 :cool:

Thanks again, you are saving a lot of routers from unnecessarily adding to landfill.

@john9527 question, is there a way to go back to the standard asus/merlin client list interface? the full sized one that lists more info? I'd like to be able to change the client names and set custom icons again. he client list in your firmware tends to list most of my devices simply by the MAC address

I’m getting a number of unrecognized “possible DNS-rebind attack detected” messages in syslog. What’s the best way to log/capture which device(s) are originating these requests?

I’m getting a number of unrecognized “possible DNS-rebind attack detected” messages in syslog. What’s the best way to log/capture which device(s) are originating these requests?
You would need to add the following line to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add and then monitor the syslog to see the source of the query.
Code:
log-queries
This will create a lot of entries in the syslog so remove that line once you don't need it any more.

Rich (BB code):
Sep 21 16:55:28 dnsmasq[465]: query[A] klkstrm.kargo.com from 192.168.1.49
Sep 21 16:55:28 dnsmasq[465]: forwarded klkstrm.kargo.com to 194.168.4.100
Sep 21 16:55:28 dnsmasq[465]: forwarded klkstrm.kargo.com to 9.9.9.9
Sep 21 16:55:28 dnsmasq[465]: possible DNS-rebind attack detected: klkstrm.kargo.com

I’m guessing if I wanted to try this on my ac68u over the current Merlin I would have to use the rescue/restore method first?

yea okay so I was wrong. using netspot instead it shows the channel width at 80MHz, and transfering a 1GB file using windows got me speeds in the 80-240Mbps range which is in line with what I was getting before. oh and windows shows 727Mbps link speed now which is correct

Sorry for the confusion, guess inssider and jperf are no good. or perhaps it was just rebooting the router haha
FWIW I find winfi (http://helge-keck.com now redirects to https://www.tethabyte.com/) to be the most accurate on a Windows platform. It seems to have some drivers that other apps are missing to determine channel width on Windows (for example, inssider and netspot both show 80MHz bandwidth for my AX card, but winfi shows the 160MHz connection that the router reports).

You would need to add the following line to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add and then monitor the syslog to see the source of the query.
Thank you!

I did a dirty flash of 51E3 over 49E4 and I'm getting Wi-Fi range issues. The question is: do I need to reflash 51E3 again or a factory reset/reconfigure will do the job? Thanks!

You may want to try a different DNS server. For example, NextDNS with DoT is basically unusable for me generating lots of rebind attack messages....

I did a dirty flash of 51E3 over 49E4 and I'm getting Wi-Fi range issues. The question is: do I need to reflash 51E3 again or a factory reset/reconfigure will do the job? Thanks!
What router? The only recent wireless change was on AC68 that did pick up a new wireless driver with the FragAttack fixes after release 49. I haven't seen any problems across my devices with that update, if anything maybe a bit better (but probably just normal variation).

You may want to try a different DNS server. For example, NextDNS with DoT is basically unusable for me generating lots of rebind attack messages....
Thanks, I have a pretty short list of Cloudflare and Quad 9.

Maybe I’ve give other choices a go.

Actually, without logging and based on usage pattern, I pretty much figured out it was my kid’s Tiktok app sending those requests.

Thanks, I have a pretty short list of Cloudflare and Quad 9.

Maybe I’ve give other choices a go.

Actually, without logging and based on usage pattern, I pretty much figured out it was my kid’s Tiktok app sending those requests.

Those two are usually problem free with respect to generating rebind warnings.
Tiktok seems like a likely candidate....

anyway for me to assign client names and icons like the original merlin client list interface? Having just MAC addresses and all the same icons in the client list is not very useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!