What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 52E7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello.
Which package should I flash to my Asus RT-AC66U_B1 (ARM version)? Is package for "normal" AC66U ok?
Also currently I'm on FreshTomato (2021_7 version), is it ok to flash directly from Tomato, or should I first go back to regular Asuswrt?

I stay up three night after work, try to replace ddwrt with different firmwares on my asus ac-68u,
i tryed asus's FW, merlin, freshtomato, but suffer different type of problem,
last night i finally find this Merlin-LTS-fork is the best solution for me,thank you john9527:)

a small problem:
you will be asked to login router repeatly,
and you can't finish the QIS_wizard's step3: Router Setup's wireless setup page and can't bypass it, the icon beside apply buttom will keep circling,
when you are using microsoft edge browser (my os is win11),
i realize this after hours trying, this problem will be solved after i change to login router with firefox

Last edited:
No. This is what it means to be based off of an older code.

No forum activity from john9527 since late January. Any clues as to whether he is still alive and kicking? I know he's had a few hiatuses before.
He just popped up over here:

John has a new toy. If he shares his work, many people will be interested.

However after I did a reset using the reset button: it's now "freezing" on the Wifi AP list when trying to use the
Dear @Jerom7 ,

Thank you for your past experience reports.
Could you share if you finally managed to configure "Media bridge" mode ?
Did you find a workaround with 52E7 ? Did you install another version ?

I'm experimenting with Media Bridge on an AC56U running LTS52E7 (latest public release), and the list of ssids/APs always stays empty during the configuration process (at https://192.168.1.1:8443/QIS_wizard.htm?flag=sitesurvey_mb ). Just as you experienced. BTW, my main router is AC86U.

I had a guest SSID with funky characters on the AC86U, which I just disabled. It didn't help the AC56U.

Considering that the AC56U was not generating the list of ssids, I also tried to connect manually from the AC56U to the AC86U wifi. However, the AC56U never allowed me to reach the step 3 of the configuration of Media Mode and the final result was real bad. (The bridge kept using 192.168.1.1 for its own ip, which happened to be on a different subnet than what the AC86U DHCP would have served it, e.g. 192.168.17.19. I ended up doing a WPS reset on the AC56U.)

EDIT1: I just installed 52E3, did a WPS reset, but the list of ssids also stays empty in the "Media bridge" configuration process.

EDIT2: The latest Asus for the AC56U (3.0.0.4.382_51641) does fill the list of ssids within 10 seconds or so.

Last edited:
Hi, I don't remember well...:rolleyes:

An old browser could help with the list of ssids (plain I.E. or firefox) rather than Chrome or Edge, but I'm not sure I could make it work. :p
Better stick to Asus FW if it's used only as Media Bridge?

Good luck/cross fingers,

No forum activity from john9527 since late January. Any clues as to whether he is still alive and kicking? I know he's had a few hiatuses before.
No Release in 10 months, and very little forum activity. Not good.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!