What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 52E7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello John, wanted to say thank you for your support on the RT-N66U router; I managed to update mine without any issues. The only strange thing I have (and this has always been an issue even when on stock fw) was that plugging a pen drive or inserting an sdcard in the router results in no detection whatsoever. I have tried formatting the pen drive to ext3, fat16 ,etc, and ntfs but it does not get detected; neither does the microsd card. The pen drive is 2GB and the microsd 8GB sdhc class10 which should work I suppose.
Anyone encountered this issue, or should I assume that these ports are faulty?
Thanks in advance.
I have uploaded a syslog just in case.

Hello, I'm really interested in getting the latest version of this fork however the download link (and all previosu releases) don't seem to work. Can anyone provide an updated link to the download folders? Many thanks and much appreciated.

Hello, I'm really interested in getting the latest version of this fork however the download link (and all previosu releases) don't seem to work. Can anyone provide an updated link to the download folders? Many thanks and much appreciated.
The link in the first post works for me.

I can't connect to the domain. Tried through a vpn and also a website proxy but can't access it. Are there any alternate hosting locations?

connect1.png

Thanks for the replys. That's bizarre, I'm running merlin with discourse and skynet so could be on some banning list however I tried to connect through aVPN and proxy which should bypass the merlin dns. Maybe the the dns servers (including my vpn) don't recognise the site?

Anyone know is John is still supporting the fork?

Seems to be, but silently.

See the download link in the first post of this thread.

See the download link in the first post of this thread.
Hmmmm. Doesn’t appear to be, unless I’m doing something wrong?

Attachments

• CD93DBDC-3982-42AE-A630-BEE724F8F912.png
    CD93DBDC-3982-42AE-A630-BEE724F8F912.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 75
All I want for Christmas is a new public release of the Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS firmware...
Or, if I've been naughty in lieu of a lump of coal, perhaps a new development beta version.
(Just joking about the lump of coal part of this post. A development beta version would be great, too.)

Last edited:
Reactions: sto
All I want for Christmas is a new public release of the Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS firmware...
Or, if I've been naughty in lieu of a lump of coal, perhaps a new development beta version.
Me thinks this is a dead project unfortunately. Not much done since the last dev build…Was great while it lasted! Thanks John

Me thinks this is a dead project unfortunately. Not much done since the last dev build…Was great while it lasted! Thanks John
Yep.

Hey all

I flashed latest official asus firmware for my n66u (hardware version b1), 3.0.0.4.382_52272-g73d3ea2

I plan on using it in media bridge mode.

I figure I could at least flash John's latest public release from 2021, announced at the start of this thread.

Should I use any developer beta builds?

Most importantly, should I flash any incremental versions, or can I skip directly to the latest public release?

It doesn't matter for Media Bridge - no routing there. Just use the latest available stock firmware.

Hey all

I flashed latest official asus firmware for my n66u (hardware version b1), 3.0.0.4.382_52272-g73d3ea2

I figure I could at least flash John's latest public release from 2021, announced at the start of this thread.

Should I use any developer beta builds?

Most importantly, should I flash any incremental versions, or can I skip directly to the latest public release?
Tomato will be more up to date, if you'd like to take a look at their firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!