What's new

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't think so, that's something else. With journaling enabled you should see it under Filesystem features:
Rich (BB code):
# tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | grep features
Filesystem features:      has_journal ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype needs_recovery extent flex_bg sparse_super large_file huge_file uninit_bg dir_nlink extra_isize

EDIT: Reading a bit more about journal_data_writeback I'd suggest that you remove that option as it defeats the purpose of having a journal in the first place. Or as Linus Torvalds apparently said: "...anybody who thinks that's a solution is just incompetent. We might as well go back to ext2 then".
Code:
tune2fs -o ^journal_data_writeback /dev/sda1
It's ended up to formatting usb drive with EXT4 and journaling.
Funny thing i made a guide on snb in the past but not find it now.
Hope it working now let time show.

Code:
gollum@RT-AC56U:/tmp/home/root# tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | grep features
Filesystem features:      has_journal filetype needs_recovery extent flex_bg sparse_super large_file huge_file extra_isize

@

john9527

I changed syslog back to default I didn't even notice it was changed(it won't let me attach syslog now here not sure why) and I attach ipv6 settings.

Attachments

• ipv6.PNG
    ipv6.PNG
    108.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Still poking around in the shadows. Nothing exciting to report on the new build, though I no longer use QoS as the service well exceeds any need for it these days.

@john9527 Qos seems to be working fine for me on an RT-AC68U. Thanks for the build, so far so good. Using this in double NAT for my work laptop.

I'm not sure if this has been answered because I couldn't find it in the forum. It might be a pretty difficult thing, so I understand if there's a problem with this question.
"What instructions would someone follow if they wanted to compile the fork on their own?"

I'm not sure if this has been answered because I couldn't find it in the forum. It might be a pretty difficult thing, so I understand if there's a problem with this question.
"What instructions would someone follow if they wanted to compile the fork on their own?"
Added the following to the LTS Fork Overview sticky

Building the LTS Fork

Github source: https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt-merlin (Branch 374.43_2-update)

Thanks to forum member st_ty_

I changed syslog back to default I didn't even notice it was changed(it won't let me attach syslog now here not sure why) and I attach ipv6 settings.
Unfortunately, the complete syslog didn't provide any insights....ipv6 interface is detected, but the initialization dies....

Jan 1 02:00:18 wan6: wan6 interface eth0 is up
Jan 21 23:13:31 rdnssd[423]: Child process hung up unexpectedly, aborting

Only things I can think of to try are
(1) Try setting the last option on the IPv6 page (requires address request) to Yes
(2) Some ISPs don't set an IPv6 default route....try the following via ssh and see if it helps

nvram set ipv6_isp_opt=1
nvram commit
service reboot

One last question....who is your ISP? You might try doing a google search on their name and ipv6 to look for hints.

Unfortunately, the complete syslog didn't provide any insights....ipv6 interface is detected, but the initialization dies....

Jan 1 02:00:18 wan6: wan6 interface eth0 is up
Jan 21 23:13:31 rdnssd[423]: Child process hung up unexpectedly, aborting

Only things I can think of to try are
(1) Try setting the last option on the IPv6 page (requires address request) to Yes
(2) Some ISPs don't set an IPv6 default route....try the following via ssh and see if it helps

nvram set ipv6_isp_opt=1
nvram commit
service reboot

One last question....who is your ISP? You might try doing a google search on their name and ipv6 to look for hints.
None did the trick sadly, isp is orange romania but I can't find anything useful for ipv6 settings for it.

None did the trick sadly, isp is orange romania but I can't find anything useful for ipv6 settings for it.
I found a page that supposedly hows the dual stack settings for Orange Romania

Let's try this...
- set the Requires address request setting back to No
- via ssh
nvram set ipv6_isp_opt=4
nvram set ipv6_slaid=0
nvram set ipv6_debug=1
nvram commit
service reboot

Then capture a new syslog....

I found a page that supposedly hows the dual stack settings for Orange Romania

Let's try this...
- set the Requires address request setting back to No
- via ssh
nvram set ipv6_isp_opt=4
nvram set ipv6_slaid=0
nvram set ipv6_debug=1
nvram commit
service reboot

Then capture a new syslog....

@john9527
I talked with isp and they told me for ipv6 to set in router passthrough but I don't see that option in ipv6 in router, is this a fork thing or official has same since I don't remember seeing that option on official firmware either ?

@

john9527

I'm seeing the same thing as thrn_rt87 (my laptop can't get an ipv6 address) I'm in Singapore.

I'm new to this forum and Merlin in general. I wonder if this LTS branch of the Merlin has Traffic Analyzer. I have RT-AC1750 router (I guess same as RT-AC66U) and stock firmware. However, I need to be able to monitor real-time (and, maybe, historical/aggregated) usage by device, which stock firmware does not allow (only total is shown). I do not want to flash this firmware if it does not allow what I need.

I'm new to this forum and Merlin in general. I wonder if this LTS branch of the Merlin has Traffic Analyzer. I have RT-AC1750 router (I guess same as RT-AC66U) and stock firmware. However, I need to be able to monitor real-time (and, maybe, historical/aggregated) usage by device, which stock firmware does not allow (only total is shown). I do not want to flash this firmware if it does not allow what I need.
All firmware versions have something called Traffic Analyzer. If you're referring to IPTraffic which is is no longer present in Merlin then yes this fork still has it.

All firmware versions have something called Traffic Analyzer.
Traffic Analyzer is the Trend Micro powered feature. You are thinking of Traffic Monitor, which is the generic monitoring feature available on all models.

IPTraffic which is is no longer present in Merlin
IPTraffic is still available for all models based on kernel 2.6. It's only gone from newer models thar use kernel 4.x, as the old kernel module used to power it is no longer compatible.

Traffic Analyzer is the Trend Micro powered feature. You are thinking of Traffic Monitor, which is the generic monitoring feature available on all models.

IPTraffic is still available for all models based on kernel 2.6. It's only gone from newer models thar use kernel 4.x, as the old kernel module used to power it is no longer compatible.
Thanks for the correction. I thought you had removed IPTraffic from all models. So @EugenePHD should be able to flash your firmware or this fork as both have IPTraffic.

Thanks for the correction. I thought you had removed IPTraffic from all models. So @EugenePHD should be able to flash your firmware or this fork as both have IPTraffic.
What I meant was probably what's called "Traffic Manager - Traffic monitor by device" (both real-time as well as cumulative historic). Like this screenshot shows https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/sites/default/files/pictures/IPTraffic_Stats.png

but should I use this branch or main Merlin for RT-AC66U?

What I meant was probably what's called "Traffic Manager - Traffic monitor by device"
This is IPTraffic. It's only available on older models.

but should I use this branch or main Merlin for RT-AC66U?
If you truly have an RT-AC66U (and not an RT-AC66U_B1), then the John9527 fork is your only option, as I dropped support for that model years ago.

Have I setup my DNS settings correctly? Does 'Connect to DNS Server automatically' need to be Yes or No?

DNS.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!