What's new

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Curious thing: I have my ASUS router running Merlin-LTS connected through a wired connection to a wireless gateway. The wireless gateway shows the MAC address of my computer instead of my ASUS router. I have made no changes I can think of that would cause this. I have assigned a range for DHCP and assigned a static address for my computer outside of this range. However, I tried assigning my computer a static IP address inside the range and the same issue occurs. I'm not sure how to fix this.
Have you cloned your PC's MAC address to the WAN interface?

WAN - Internet Connection > MAC Address

Have you cloned your PC's MAC address to the WAN interface?

WAN - Internet Connection > MAC Address
I swear I didn't do it, but it is showing that it is. I must be losing it.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the non-LTS Merlin in some time. Today I checked it out. Look out momma! The firmware was over 90 MBs! That is a substantial difference in size.

I haven't looked at the non-LTS Merlin in some time. Today I checked it out. Look out momma! The firmware was over 90 MBs! That is a substantial difference in size.
That's because the image contains two completely different firmwares. This is the first version that contains an image for the V4, otherwise it would only be 35MB.

Last edited:
Hi, i miss something that is working in the official Asus release (must be 382) without problem. I use the n66u in my caravan and have set up dual wan. On wan i have an openwrt ubiquity bullet connecting to wlan on camping places (works without problem), on usb i have a huawei e5573 that can provide ethernet usb and is configured as second wan for failover. The problem is, that if i switched on the lte device and the n66u is on before, then the ethernet usb device isn't recognizied, if i then make a restart of the n66u the usb ethernet device is recognized an all is working. On the official latest firmware from asus its working without restarting the n66u. On latest merlin it is also not working without restarting the n66u. Is there something i can do? Make a script automatic restarting a service when the lte device is turned on? I need merlin because only there openvpn is working probably. I hope someone can help.

I was wondering that, as well.

Are there any current updates available that I might be missing? I only know of the public-release and development versions of this firmware.

Are there any current updates available that I might be missing? I only know of the public-release and development versions of this firmware.
@john9527 hasn't been active on here in a few months now... hopefully he just has his time focused on his OpenWRT project

What? So is he working on porting OpenWRT to these routers or is it something separate?
Separate, he was developing his own build of OpenWRT not related to his Merlin fork or ASUS routers.

Given his posting frequency on here over the years, his account being inactive for the last 3 months is rather unusual. I fear he may have mysteriously departed much like @xentrx

How about a "Gone Fishin'" sign? Anything? :)

There’s a new build in the dev folder
Thanks!

HMM. Looks like we need a new thread for the new Dev / Beta version

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D4
(please)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!