What's new

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Really? Oh man, I hadn't read anything about that, so I didn't know anything either. :confused:
I have an older unsupported (EoL) RT-AC66U Router.
Should this (even after the security vulnerabilities of Asus firmwares that have now become known) really only be electronic waste?
"FreshTomato" firmware is still updated for this router. Read my comment here

It supports DNS over TLS on my N66U.
Is this a mips n66u?
And is this only with the merlin fork that enables it -- you didn't have this available with stock firmware.

If so that is HUGE gives alot of life to the N66U

Last edited:
Is this a mips n66u?
And is this only with the merlin fork that enables it -- you didn't have this available with stock firmware.

If so that is HUGE gives alot of life to the N66U
Yes, it's a mips router. Can't help you about other forks. This is the only one I've used.

Impressive! Running the latest beta (2022-08) on a r6700 that had it's board id modded to r7000 and cfe flashed from the xwrt thread.

Using device as media extender. Connecting to a tplink eap670 AP which has ssid security set to wpa2 & wpa3 mixed mode. Xwrt on same device was having slow speed issues unless ssid was set to wpa2 only. A thread on the linksys.org forum suggested it may be related to wpa2/3 in the newer fw's (even though none of them support wpa3). Getting upward of 700 mbps on download, 600 mbps on upload (fiber gig connection).

Edit: Here's the thread in question - https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...er-ax-88u-rssi-ac-68u-is-a-strong-35dbm.74381

See pages 2 & 3 for wpa discussion.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!