What's new

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@john9527 Back from the dead!! Yeahhh... or maybe it just was a "gone fishin" to refocus and now back with a bang! ;);)
Or it could have been just plain boring Covid-19 I guess... anyway. Nice work with the new beta and welcome back!
/thanx cheers!! we love u :cool:

Working fine for me, thanks again!

Working great for me, thanks!

Last edited:
Any way to block sites by IP on the N66U? I know there's a program (forgot the name) that you can install on most Merlin-based routers to do so but it's not compatible with the N66U due to older kernel. Is there any way whatsoever to block by IP on the N66U? I know you can DNS block but it's kind of useless now with DoH/DoTLS.

Any way to block sites by IP on the N66U? I know there's a program (forgot the name) that you can install on most Merlin-based routers to do so but it's not compatible with the N66U due to older kernel. Is there any way whatsoever to block by IP on the N66U? I know you can DNS block but it's kind of useless now with DoH/DoTLS.
Network Services Filter, or the equivalent custom script using iptables or ipset.

Network Services Filter, or the equivalent custom script using iptables or ipset.

IPset is for newer kernels that N66U doesn't support, right? Or so last I read and why Diversion doesn't support the N66U. But so it goes after I ask the question I found a partial answer using static routes but I have to input a bunch of IPs just to block youtube and after 10+ IPs, it's still not blocked. How does one block a whole range of IPs using static routes or the Network Services Filter option?

IPset is for newer kernels that N66U doesn't support, right? Or so last I read and why Diversion doesn't support the N66U. But so it goes after I ask the question I found a partial answer using static routes but I have to input a bunch of IPs just to block youtube and after 10+ IPs, it's still not blocked. How does one block a whole range of IPs using static routes or the Network Services Filter option?
Did you read the ipset wiki entry that I linked you to? I've not tried to use such a thing myself. Also, this other wiki entry suggests the N66U does support ipset v4.

Did you read the ipset wiki entry that I linked you to? I've not tried to use such a thing myself. Also, this other wiki entry suggests the N66U does support ipset v4.
Ah, thanks. I made the mistake of thinking if Diversion didn't support it on N66U it wasn't possible. This should be enough to get me started.

Ah, thanks. I made the mistake of thinking if Diversion didn't support it on N66U it wasn't possible. This should be enough to get me started.
You didn't actually state what your use-case is here. e.g. do you just want to block one or two specific sites (that have fixed IP addresses), something much larger like ad-blocking , or something in between. If the problem is specifically caused by DoH then the most practical approach is usually to block access the DoH servers and thereby force to client to fall back to normal DNS.

You didn't actually state what your use-case is here. e.g. do you just want to block one or two specific sites (that have fixed IP addresses), something much larger like ad-blocking , or something in between. If the problem is specifically caused by DoH then the most practical approach is usually to block access the DoH servers and thereby force to client to fall back to normal DNS.

Just blocking youtube. The kids have online classes but spend way too much time watching dumb videos so would be great to block it and maybe allow when I know they're caught up with school work. I'm just kind of playing a game by myself so far and seeing if I can block myself from youtube, assuming my tech-minded kids might be just as knowledgeable as I. So far I've found ways around it just using a modern browser since about all use DoH now. But blocking DoH servers is a good idea so I'll try it using IPset. By now it's become a challenge for me so I've probably spent more time figuring out how to do it rather than if I should do it, common problem for me.

Edit: After more than an hour of testing, screw it. I've tried Parental Filter, Firewall rules, Network Services Filter and using means of DNS filtering and IP blocking but they're all either leaky (some way around it) or over-excessive (other important google services are blocked). I suppose that's good in a way, more proof in just how resilient the internet is or can be, just how it's intended.

Last edited:
Thank you for the most recent firmware update, 3.0.0.4.374.43_53D4j9527.

Would it be possible to also update the Dropbear package from 2019.78 to the most recent version, 2022.82?

Thanks!

HMM. Looks like we need a new thread for the new Dev / Beta version

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 53D4

(please)

Would it be possible to get a thread for the above?

I want to block ads on youtube app with my SmartTV.
On PC i can add uBlock Origin in Browser to block ads. But on TV always ads with settings in Router.

With Ac66U i add DNS-Server 1: 94.140.14.14 in WAN settings.
Or enable
Enable DNS over TLS support
DoT becomes primary DNS server(s)
with adblock.

DNS Filtering option with adblock ip dont work.

Youtube has always ads.

Any solution?

Thanks
You need to search the Pi-hole forum interms of blocking youtude ads, a fruitless thing, as an example.

@john9527 Back from the dead!! Yeahhh... or maybe it just was a "gone fishin" to refocus and now back with a bang! ;);)
Or it could have been just plain boring Covid-19 I guess... anyway. Nice work with the new beta and welcome back!
/thanx cheers!! we love u :cool:
He may be updating/providing Beta/Dev versions but doesn't seem to have posted any comments since this last January.

He may be updating/providing Beta/Dev versions but doesn't seem to have posted any comments since this last January.
Right. I'm worried. I'll miss this firmware, if it's falling off the planet.

Reactions: sto
Tried to flash my RT-AC66U with it but got info that the firmware was "invalid firmware upload".
New to this, did I miss a step?

Tried to flash my RT-AC66U with it but got info that the firmware was "invalid firmware upload".
New to this, did I miss a step?
As per the installation instructions you need to flash the firmware in Rescue Mode when coming from a recent version of stock or Merlin's firmware.

As per the installation instructions you need to flash the firmware in Rescue Mode when coming from a recent version of stock or Merlin's firmware.
I see thanks. I dident see a guide.
So I used the rescue tool and it uploaded fine, then it went for the reset and 1% and then done. And the stock FW is still on the router after reboot. Am I missing anything?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!