What's new

Beta [FORK] [DSL] [TESTERS] GNUton's Alpha/Beta Merlin builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just saw the new beta was built today, 15 hrs ago. Installing now

build is based on merlin's 387.2

Does anyone have any feedback on the stability of this fourth beta?
Been running it on my RT-AX82U and it has been rock solid for me.

Last edited:
Beta cannot be Flash on original firmware
I flash stable over original. Then went straight to beta.. Didnt test out stable

TUF-AX5400 dirty flash from 386.07_0-gnuton0_beta3 to 386.07_2-gnuton0_beta4.
Everything is running smooth.
It seems we also getting RMerlin's mainstream 386.07_2 !

Anyone else having trouble making the wireless Backhaul 160 mhz? Before the update it was working fine; now when I select 160 it drops down to 80.

What router? What AiMesh nodes (and their firmware versions)?

What router? What AiMesh nodes (and their firmware versions)?
I’m running a GT-AX11000 on RMerlin’s 386.7_2 with four ZenWifi XT8s on GNUton’s version. When I tried to add an XT8 as a node it failed when wireless backhaul was set on 160 channel width, then added successfully when I dropped it to 80. Then when I changed it back to 160, the GUI says it’s set there but in the Wi-Fi Radar it is on 80 even after a refresh and several channel optimizations…

@GNUton

Ruining the latest beta 4 on my rt-AX82U. I have just noticed this, on Administration - Firmware upgrade tab, under notes at the top, number 4 provides a link:

"Get the latest firmware version from the download site at https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/download/"

Should not this link be taking users to the GNUton's related supported router firmware downloads?

@GNUton I appreciate all your efforts with this. Just making you aware that when running a GT-AX11000 as a main with XT8s as nodes, with the 386.7_2 build (not sure if it’s RMerlin’s or this one), 160 mhz channel width on wireless Backhaul isn’t functioning—even though the AX11000 GUI shows that it’s set at 160, the Wi-Fi radar reveals that it’s on the 80 channel width. I downgraded all my components back to 386.5_2 and the issue is resolved. Thank you!

@patsio well it comes with a bounch with security fixes.. So I would say yes and the beta cycle has been quite long. Upgrading should be quite safe.
If you notice anything wrong you can always go back. Before updating take a snapshot of the settings from the UI, so you can restore it back if needed.