What's new

Beta [FORK] [DSL] [TESTERS] GNUton's Alpha/Beta Merlin builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@patsio well it comes with a bounch with security fixes.. So I would say yes and the beta cycle has been quite long. Upgrading should be quite safe.
If you notice anything wrong you can always go back. Before updating take a snapshot of the settings from the UI, so you can restore it back if needed.
Did notice the gpl version you say in the lastest release is different for the DSL-AX82U-AX5400, as they also messed up RGB. So was 2 newer versions done.

@GNUton you have not done anything wrong matey, just in the new release it says merged with 386_48966 GPL, but for the asus dsl ax82u there was a problem with that release. And now its 386.49608. If it matters.

P.S In there official release users found 1-2 problems and after a week they released a minor fix. I'm still on official and trying to sort some DSL Issues.
With my asus router connected my speed slowly dropped compared to when I plugging my ISP device in and my speed creeps back up it seems..

Last edited:
@patsio well it comes with a bounch with security fixes.. So I would say yes and the beta cycle has been quite long. Upgrading should be quite safe.
If you notice anything wrong you can always go back. Before updating take a snapshot of the settings from the UI, so you can restore it back if needed.
I’m running it on four XT8s slaved to a GT-AX11000 running it as well, rock solid for the last 24 hours…

Hey everyone managed to pick up the optus ax5400 and got a version of merlin installed on it using puTTY etc but when I try to restore it to factory defaults it still keeps all the optus settings so I am unable to set it up in aimesh node mode any ideas?

Loaded 388.1_0-gnuton0_alpha1 (without CFE flash) on TUF-AX5400. Build seems stable. The current CFE on my router is 1.0.0.2 per the Tools page. Does anyone have a different version on the TUF-AX5400?

Did notice that the WL drivers have different dates and suffixes. Curious why that would be.
wl0: Nov 2 2022 06:20:28 version 17.10.157.2809 (r801046) 702a50f
wl1: Oct 17 2022 10:20:52 version 17.10.157.2809 (r801046) 702a50f FWID 01-1f8100

The new driver dsl it’s the problem.
The trick snr causes the problem.
If you do a factory resetting solve……but don’t touch the snr trick.
Well that no good for me as I run -2 on snr... and at this stage, factory reset and complete reconfigure is an absolute no go..

Hmmm I wanted to test this build to see if it sorts out Aimesh via Eth disconnection issues.
But there being issues with connectivity I've to avoid it