What's new

Beta [FORK] [DSL] [TESTERS] GNUton's Alpha/Beta Merlin builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@WillyTP IIRC the download/upload speed swapped is not a tracked issue. would you mind to write a ticket with the steps about how to reproduce it?
Beside the issues it's nice to hear good stuff that works too.. I am talking about AiMesh :D What's the model you are using?

I updated my xt8 (dirty, no reset) and the only problem I seem to be hitting is when I update my mesh node to the matching alpha, the wifi backhall doesn't connect via wifi 5 but wifi 2.4. I kept trying and trying, but going back to 386.07_2-gnuton1 resolved the weak connection (wifi 2.4) issue.

Let me know if anyone else is hitting that.

Thanks for the release gnuton!

Last edited:
Thanks for your work @GNUton !

Updated my RT-AX82U last night and so far all good. The only thing I see is that the logs are being flooded with bsd errors.

@WillyTP IIRC the download/upload speed swapped is not a tracked issue. would you mind to write a ticket with the steps about how to reproduce it?
Beside the issues it's nice to hear good stuff that works too.. I am talking about AiMesh :D What's the model you are using?
Hi @GNUton
I've opened a ticket, #273.

After my post above, I'm glad to say that AiMesh nodes connected via ETH are still linked properly. Hopefully this issue has been solved.

About Traffic Analyzer, today I tried to go again to turn it off again.
I haven't been able to; going to that page causes Web GUI to crash (impossible to reach it for a few minutes).

I haven't been able to; going to that page causes Web GUI to crash (impossible to reach it for a few minutes).
beta1 was released the day after you posted this, has that fixed this for you? I'm tempted to install it but wary of this issue.

Last edited:
Hi @GNUton

After my post above, I'm glad to say that AiMesh nodes connected via ETH are still linked properly. Hopefully this issue has been solved.

are you able to reproduce the webui crash? you can see if it really crash by checking the PID (proced ID) by ssh into the router and runing ps -ax | grep http

are you able to reproduce the webui crash? you can see if it really crash by checking the PID (proced ID) by ssh into the router and runing ps -ax | grep http
Hi everyone

After a router reboot, I've been able to access again Traffic Analyzer page.
With 388 Beta1, with Traffic Analyzer enabled, Up/Down speeds are NOT swapped anymore.

Kind regards

Hi, after some days of work, Eth nodes disconnection issue happened again.
I reopened ticket.
As soon as I've further info I'll provide it.
Kind regards

Running the RT-AX82U with the beta 388.1 firmware for a week now with Division and Skynet running, no issues whatsoever! Many thanks GNUton greatly appreciated

Ran the beta 388.1 on a TUF-AX5400 and went back after a couple weeks to the 386.07_2-gnuton1 build. Problems I experienced on 388.1 beta:

a) buffering when streaming video: I confirmed (using Speedtest at the router) my ping times at around 25-27 ms and download speed at 460 Mbps. Connection speeds from streaming devices to the router looked good (AX and AC devices). No unusual alarms. Played around with changing 5Ghz wireless settings for 3 or 4 days and the buffering persisted. Keep in mind that most streaming devices are only pulling 3-4 Mbps. It is a lot less than you might think. Went back to 386.07_2 and the buffering problems were immediately resolved. So not sure if there is an issue on the 388 builds with wireless drivers.

b) memory leak: On the 386.07_2-gnuton1 build, my used memory started at 52% and a week later is at 53%. A month from now it will still be at 53%. On the 388.1 beta build, it started at 52% and within a couple days the used memory was up to 60%. There is a memory leak on the 388 build that does not exist on the 386 build. We can say there is not a memory leak, but using the build shows the opposite.

There is a memory leak on the 388 build that does not exist on the 386 build.
Or you weren`t monitoring used memory, but free memory instead. Previous versions of Asuswrt would flush buffers whenever you logged into the webui, which would artificially show a higher free memory number. Allocated buffers aren`t memory leaks, they are simply the Linux memory manager doing what it`s supposed to do: caching filesystems by using available memory.

OK. I can SSH into the router and check by command over a couple days with the 386 build and then do the same with the 388 build. Thanks for the heads up.

Running the RT-AX82U with the beta 388.1 firmware, no issues. Thanks to GNUton.