What's new

FTP Server on 380.62 - AC66u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cosmin Cojocea

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm trying to setup a FTP server using Win10 IIS, however even though I'm using the same settings as I was using on the default ASUS firmware, I can't seem to be able to connect from outside the house to the server (it works on the local IP).

So, things I've setup:

DHCP Server - manually assigned static IP for my desktop PC on which the FTP server is started.
IIS FTP Server - I created 2 and tested both, one on default 21 port, one on 2021, I managed to connect on the locally, but not from outside.
Port forwarding using FTP predefined settings in the router interface (also tried a rule for the 2021 one).
So FTP Server - Port Range 20,21 - Local IP 192.168.1.201(my desktop) - Local Port 21 - Protocol TCP
I turned the router's firewall off for these, but that didn't seem to help anything.

I also saw this warning at the top:
  • When you set 20:21 as your FTP server's port range for your WAN setup, then your FTP server would be in conflict with RT-AC66U's native FTP server.
What native FTP server, the one handling USB devices? I have that turned off from what I saw. If it can't be turned off, how do I go around this.

Have to note that I have Remote Desktop also enabled and I can access that from outside the house with np(with port forwarding rules set for that).

Thanks for your time.