What's new

gaming router reommendation....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slick8

Occasional Visitor
im looking to replace my dlink 4100. i dont need alot of features, i need speed, i have a small home network with 2 pc's and a wireless laptop which i dont use that often but i need wireless occasionally, would this be a good option? EnGenius ESR9850 300Mbps Wireless N Router , or would a higher end dllink be better?

im looking to replace my dlink 4100. i dont need alot of features, i need speed, i have a small home network with 2 pc's and a wireless laptop which i dont use that often but i need wireless occasionally, would this be a good option? EnGenius ESR9850 300Mbps Wireless N Router , or would a higher end dllink be better?

If you don't do VPN then the ESR-9850 would be your best bet. Second place would be the WNDR3700 for the number of maximum simultaneous session counts is less than ESR-9850.

hate to sound like an idiot but what is vpn? sorry but im pretty clueless about routers

hate to sound like an idiot but what is vpn? sorry but im pretty clueless about routers
Access into a Company Network via Tunnel to Domain using hand held RSA encrypted token key or key fob or using other networks to connect to the internet.

V=virtual
P=private
N=networks

Access Home Network
L=Local
A=Area
N=networks

Wireless LAN
W=Wireless
L=Local
A=Area
N=network

Access Internet from DSL/Cable Modem
W=Wide
A=Area
N=networks

Wireless WAN
W=Wireless
W=Wide
A=Area
N=network

Bluetooth - Wireless USB or MiniB device attaches to your PC to access Cell phone up/down data (music, pictures, video, text
P=private
A=Area
N=networks

Up load and download files a remote host over the internet.
F= File
T=Transfer
P=Protocol

Hope this helps some..

Last edited: