What's new

GT-AXE16000 Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't have one of these myself, so I'm not sure about the details of the 2.5 port issue. If I remember reading past posts correctly, it may even be fixed already.

To me, there is no such thing as overkill. There is only having a piece of hardware work as we want it to, for as long as we want it. :)

My GT-AXE16000 just experienced a brief WiFi outage. It knocked everything off of WiFi (no WiFi signal) for about 30 seconds. I ran into my office to check the status lights, but all appeared to be normal and right after that, everything came back and my devices reconnected.

Any thoughts on why this happened or what actually did happen?

It seems like ever since I disabled all the radios except for the 2.4GHz band that the system is now unstable. I re-enabled all bands after attempting to configure my iOT device that can only use 2.4GHz, but it was taking a long time for the router’s GUI to update the browser screen and whatnot, so I factory reset the router and reconfigured everything, but it hasn’t been rock steady like it was before I disabled the radios temporarily. I have noticed some occasional pauses in Internet access and pauses while streaming some video as well, but the WiFi signal itself was okay until today. Weird!

I may try factory resetting and reloading the firmware if this keeps up.

After updating to latest stock firmware I`ve noticed double RAM usage ... used to be something like 700MB (used) now showing 1.3Gb (used). Any body else noticed that ?

My GT-AXE16000 just experienced a brief WiFi outage. It knocked everything off of WiFi (no WiFi signal) for about 30 seconds. I ran into my office to check the status lights, but all appeared to be normal and right after that, everything came back and my devices reconnected.

Any thoughts on why this happened or what actually did happen?

It seems like ever since I disabled all the radios except for the 2.4GHz band that the system is now unstable. I re-enabled all bands after attempting to configure my iOT device that can only use 2.4GHz, but it was taking a long time for the router’s GUI to update the browser screen and whatnot, so I factory reset the router and reconfigured everything, but it hasn’t been rock steady like it was before I disabled the radios temporarily. I have noticed some occasional pauses in Internet access and pauses while streaming some video as well, but the WiFi signal itself was okay until today. Weird!

I may try factory resetting and reloading the firmware if this keeps up.
I had a somewhat similar experience. I hade the 2nd 5 GHz radio disabled (no other node here has 3+ radios) and after the upgrade to 388 alla wireless clients could/would only connect with the AXE16000 (main node). I then re-enabled the 2nd 5 GHZ radio and all clients started to migrate to the nearest node as they should.

I had a somewhat similar experience. I hade the 2nd 5 GHz radio disabled (no other node here has 3+ radios) and after the upgrade to 388 alla wireless clients could/would only connect with the AXE16000 (main node). I then re-enabled the 2nd 5 GHZ radio and all clients started to migrate to the nearest node as they should.
920 MB now (with 388).

Finally bit down and ordered a AXE1600 to go with Community FIber 3Gbps link. Anyone using AiMesh, any issues? Will be using AXE1600 + a lot of Asus XT8's. Current router is AX11000 and its been forgotten about in a good way.

Just got mine going a couple days ago and it’s a beast. I can’t say anything about mesh because I’m just using it by itself. Covers my 3000 sq/ft home perfectly
That sounds extremely promising. At the moment, my middle XT8 node, which I benchmark the overall home network on gets 600Mbps consistently. Next to the box I get same wired or wireless at 960Mbps. While my PC will be wire connected, the true test will be my front room in the house. Previously, b/g/n/ac would get no signal and house is far smaller than 3000sq/ft, had to throw 3x XT8s to get good signal in all room and front room still only get 200-300Mbps tops but then again it does travel PC>XT8>XT8>AX11000>NAS, which better than no signal at all. My only issue is that my youngest daughter is scared on the AX11000 router, AXE16000 is even larger...yelp)

hi i've and issue with the last firmware all "apply"
GUI buttons don't react to anything ( i select it but nothing happen ) all is locked. i downgrade the firmware to previous relese and all work fine.

2 question
on 5Ghz band 160 mhz is disabled by default. Why ? shoud i enabled it ?

3 and last

i"ve tryed to add my old ax 11000 router as Aimesh node
Axe recognized it but refuse to add it ( system says is still in work or something else )

hi i've and issue with the last firmware all "apply"
GUI buttons don't react to anything ( i select it but nothing happen ) all is locked. i downgrade the firmware to previous relese and all work fine.

2 question
on 5Ghz band 160 mhz is disabled by default. Why ? shoud i enabled it ?

3 and last

i"ve tryed to add my old ax 11000 router as Aimesh node
Axe recognized it but refuse to add it ( system says is still in work or something else )
I had similar issue with AX11000 and the XT8s. I figured out that, I had to factory reset or factory restore the router several times before it kicked into gear. What firmware are you using? Merlin? When I setup AiMesh. If I am adding a new router then I make sure I factory reset the router and ai mesh node and make sure at a basic level it works. Then build up from there. Pink light restore was the only way I could get one of my XT8 added as mesh node. Been bullet proof since.

Tried setting up AXE16000 complete failure. Simply cannot get an XT8 node added. Restory factory defaults, updated to lastest firmware first. Also tried latest Merlin firmware, same thing. Managed to screw up the Community FIber adtran box, so cannot test if the WAN is working until I call CF and ask them reset the box from their side. Anyone got any tips? I've reverted back to the AX11000 and was able to XT8 node first time - zero issues.
For a while the AXE16000 did have the WAN working, main WiFi directly from the AXE1600 was working, the adding the aimesh node messed me up. Not sure why its not adding the XT8 as aimesh node, it finds it in the wizard, then takes ages adding before timing out. Restored to factory defaults and reset the box multiple times, same thing.

Update. Somehow managed to get AXE16000 configured + 1x AiMesh node added and dual WAN working. The Internet light no longer lights up but I know the light and Internet links are working fine. Will stop for the week, next Friday will need reset the AXE16000 and configure again to get the aimesh sorted out. Set 1x 10Gbps Eth2 and 2.5Gbps as DUAL WAN ports. Running stock firmware 388 21617.
Note. Had to do rest from the GUI, boot, then factory reset and then the aimesh side started kicking into gear > on the AXE16000. The code is not good AX11000, if you remove reset an aimesh node physically without disconnecting in the AXE16000 GUI, the AXE16 will keep thos settings and will not let you add it in again even as a factory reset new aimesh node. Also, setting the AXE16 specifically to aimesh router was needed, leaving to the default mode (which is also aimesh router) simply did not work - spent an age working this out.

I have been using the 16000 since summer and for the most part, had great a great experience. ZenWifiPro ET12 is my Mesh attached via ethernet backhaul. I have multiple 10GBe switches that work like a charm... UNTIL I did the latest firmware update. Once I did that, WIFI worked but no traffic would pass via any of the Ethernet ports on it. Connecting my pc directly to the 16000 to take out the switches still would not allow a connection to the 'net. RMA inbound.

I have been using the 16000 since summer and for the most part, had great a great experience. ZenWifiPro ET12 is my Mesh attached via ethernet backhaul. I have multiple 10GBe switches that work like a charm... UNTIL I did the latest firmware update. Once I did that, WIFI worked but no traffic would pass via any of the Ethernet ports on it. Connecting my pc directly to the 16000 to take out the switches still would not allow a connection to the 'net. RMA inbound.
Have you tried a rescue restore? Switch off router. Hold down reset pin and switch on router. Light should turn red/pink. Then use the asus rescue app to restore the router? I'd try Merlin as well.

Have you tried a rescue restore? Switch off router. Hold down reset pin and switch on router. Light should turn red/pink. Then use the asus rescue app to restore the router? I'd try Merlin as well.
I have done a hard/factory reset and used the previous firmware and still nothing. Its a 700 dollar brick.

I have done a hard/factory reset and used the previous firmware and still nothing. Its a 700 dollar brick.
Usually I would have AXE16000 + 3x XT8 aimesh nodes. At the moment is AXE16 + 1x XT8. Simply cannot get the other 2 nodes added in. Tried hard reset, factory defaults, restored in GUI, etc. It goes through the add process and the XT8 on what should be the final reboot, the light should turn white your done, instead it turns solid blue and aimesh times out. Only thing I have to try this weekend will be to reset the AXE fully and setup all 3 nodes with minumum of config. I've got 1x XT8 node up so technically it should work, unless I fluked it. Anways, giving it until the weekend, after that, will send it back & cut my losses. The real kicker is that the XT8 node that is working, I've restarted the AXE16 multiple times, etc and its been rock solid so far.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!