What's new

GT-AXE16000 Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've had zero issues with my wifi clients all on WPA3 with 160mhz on both 5ghz and 6ghz bands. Latest merlin firmware is rock solid! Wifi 6E for my s22 ultra works amazing as well very stable, fast and had zero disconnect issues with any client other than my stupid LG washer/dryer that will not stay connected to 2.4ghz even if I do WPA2 and and leave the PMF to capable. I just ended up getting them off wifi completely no real need anyway. Just was useful to know when the washing/drying cycles finish :) My only complaint is that the wifi 6E band takes a while to show up to connect to on my S22 ultra.

Over extremely satisfied with the axe16000 (running two in a wired mesh).

back in stock amazon US

I'm too poor. If I want this router, then I will need to get a large piece of cardboard:
Plees Help
Family Needs GT-AXE16000
Anything Helps-God Bless

At every Red Light, I will stare at you with the same gaze as my avatar, which is holding the sign.

I'm too poor. If I want this router, then I will need to get a large piece of cardboard:
Plees Help
Family Needs GT-AXE16000
Anything Helps-God Bless

At every Red Light, I will stare at you with the same gaze as my avatar, which is holding the sign.
I’ve got one sitting right here next to me still in the shrink wrapped box.

I’ve got one sitting right here next to me still in the shrink wrapped box.
Thank You!
Shall I expect UPS Overnight Shipping, too?

I truly would have one, yet I lack the funds, and my GT-AX6000 is doing well!

Thank You!

Thank You!

Excuse me, I meant to say I have a delicious uneaten Hostess CupCake next to me.

Simple question:

This is a quad band router supporting 6 GHz.

Can the 4th SSID, the 6 GHz one, also support 5 GHz clients? Or is it 6 GHz only.

I guess the same question applies to the GT-AXE11000 - except that it’s tri-band.

Thanks…

Last edited:
Simple answer, no.

Thanks for the straight answer.

Just waiting on availability of 388 firmware before I buy one of these.

I can use the first 3 bands right away, and the 4th, the 6 GHz one, is for future-proofing.

If I can get 3 concurrent WireGuard tunnels as well, I’ll be over the moon.

To be 100% clear, unless the (nominal) 5GHz clients also have 6GHz capabilities, the answer is (still) no. ;)

To be 100% clear, unless the (nominal) 5GHz clients also have 6GHz capabilities, the answer is (still) no. ;)
I want to use the first 3 SSIDs for my current devices, and wait until I buy 6GHz devices before I take advantage of the 4th one.

The answer is Yes.

just got my hands on one. this thing is humongous!

So the answer is no then.

With no 6GHz devices today, you cannot use the 4th band.

So the answer is no then.

With no 6GHz devices today, you cannot use the 4th band.
The use case is 3 active SSIDs - the answer is yes.

BTW: Just read that the 4th band is actually the 5 GHz-2 band. The 3rd band is 6 GHz - which future-proofs the investment, but cannot currently be used. As you rightly point out.

Got my AXE16000 today. When I took it out of its box, the first thing I heard was what sounds like a piece of metal, loose and rolling around / jiggling around inside the thing. It's been working kind of erratically since setting it up. Sometimes the SSIDs will just disappear for minutes then re-appear again. I've performed hard resets and updated the firmware, followed by more hard resets.

I think this one is defective. Anyone else have the same issue(s)?

When I took it out of its box, the first thing I heard was what sounds like a piece of metal, loose and rolling around / jiggling around inside the thing.
Definitely not normal. Replace it - if that piece is metal, it may short something at any moment.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!