What's new

GT-BE98 WIFI 7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Holy Cow! A whole iphone for a lousy vital organ, is there a wait list?
Trying to work a bundle deal for BE98U Pro and a QNAP 2.5GbE switch, if I include both kidneys. I will keep you informed.
EDIT I will stop posting and wait for the release of these two 98/98 Pro beasts.

Trying to work a bundle deal for BE98U Pro and a QNAP 2.5GbE switch, if I include both kidneys. I will keep you informed.
EDIT I will stop posting and wait for the release of these two 98/98 Pro beasts.

Or wait for the 99 pro extreme. But seriously, always good to upgrade when it makes sense for needs.

Sir, Sir, dont touch the merchandize please!!!

Showroom girl shouting at you 🤣🤣🤣

Very few customers will pony up the $$$ for 10GB cable. Nothing out there warrants that type of bandwidth unless your running a commercial data center. Most web sites would never even support the downloads at that speed for many years.

I only got the 1GB Fios as it was only 69.99 so I said why not for the extra $10 a month.

This is why competition is a beautiful thing. We get higher speeds for the same or lower price. I’m paying $70 a month for 10G. Many places in urban areas it’s $50-70. The cost for the ISP is nominal.

If people can get higher speeds for free or slightly higher marginal cost, they going to get 10G. Same as how you paid the extra $10. It’s why marketing works.

That might change when Wifi 7 finally gets certified (ETA by 2023). But it'll be a couple more years before devices supporting Wifi 7 hit the shelves.

Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro with Wifi 7 on sale next week. New Intel motherboards with Wifi 7 next month. iPhone 16 Pro with Wifi 7 next year.

ASUS finally got their FCC filings approved for the GT-BE98 Pro. Not sure if the vanilla version is still coming. Lots of good technical data in the docs.

Looks like there’s a chance we’ll see it before the end of the year.

Last edited:
This is why competition is a beautiful thing. We get higher speeds for the same or lower price. I’m paying $70 a month for 10G. Many places in urban areas it’s $50-70. The cost for the ISP is nominal.

If people can get higher speeds for free or slightly higher marginal cost, they going to get 10G. Same as how you paid the extra $10. It’s why marketing works.
10G for $70.00!!! Only?? This is a pure thifting of your ISP 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OMG I should send your comment to my ISP

Is your plan XGS-PON? I think ever since the industry introduced this iteration of Passive Optical Networking, 10Gbe fiber broadband prices have been steadily coming down. The new XGS-PON plan I recently signed with is $40 per month compared to my previous 10G Active Ethernet plan which went for $160 a month. The only downside for XGS-PON is the relatively higher overhead I think. Max wired speeds tested on the XGS-PON plan (comes with an ONT) came to 8.3Gbps whereas the 10G Active Ethernet plan's came to 9.3Gbps (no ONT needed). But for a quarter of my original subscription price, I think it's more than enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 176

Lots of information on updated page. Confirmed dual 6GHz bands.

References to MLO firmware in late 2023 or later point to a release this year. However Wi-Fi 7 final spec and certification won’t happen until next year. Its not clear that it won’t be released this year.

Attachments

• IMG_7293.jpeg
    IMG_7293.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 140
Pictures for comparison. Vanilla on left, Pro version on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_7295.png
    IMG_7295.png
    123 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7294.png
    IMG_7294.png
    159 KB · Views: 144
The only difference I (using the compare function in MS Word) can see is "just" 25 000 bps for the vanilla version compared to 30 000 bps for the Pro ditto

how is the 6G performance on WIFI 7 vs WIFI 6? 6E on WIFI6 has reallly bad penetration if there are walls while 5G-2 provides the best connection speed.