What's new

Having problems with JFFS on Asus RT-AC3200 with Asus-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BeyondGrave

New Around Here
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm unable to format / mount jffs on the latest Asus-Merlin beta or stable on my Asus AC3200. Oddly enough, it functions perfectly on the latest DD-WRT build. If I dirty flash (not clear NVRAM) Asus-Merlin over DD-WRT while it's mounted, it will continue to work in Asus-Merlin.

I have the same problem with Tomato Shibby except I can't dirty flash it over DD-WRT (router won't boot; or it will ask for a password and nothing works). To install Tomato Shibby I HAVE to clear NVRAM first or it won't boot. But doing so means I can't format/mount jffs again.

Ideally, I'd like to use Tomato Shibby as that's what I'm used to and it will be easier to migrate from my previous Asus router also running that firmware. But I can't get jffs working properly on anything but DD-WRT.

Any suggestions?