What's new

help setting up VPN to use a gateway from my office

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Din Covo

New Around Here
Hi all,

I have a 66U at my office with the latest merlin on it , i used to have another 66U at home with a VPN set up between the two (Server at workplace), to the 66U at home i have a simple router connected by cable and it was set with static ip address from the pool of my office(Through the vpn, using a gateway from the office as well), that allowed me to connect to a different ISP from what i have in my house through the office.

Sadly the 66U at the house died last week and i bought a 56S without know its not supported by merlin.
first it took some quite time i could set an openvpn connection because of the settings in the server required an open vpn 2.4 which is not supported by the 56S.

Now i do have the VPN running but it does not work the way it did before, i cannot just set my secondary router as if its part of the LAN and leech internet from the office's gateway.

DHCP on the the 66U & 56S as there is a DHCP running on my server, previously it would just assign any computer connecting to the LAN at the office but it just doesnt work anymore.

Here are the settings i use for the server:

upload_2017-11-30_7-24-35.png

would appreciate any help...