What's new

[HELP] When transferring large files onto my WD My LiveBook 2.0Tb NAS files lock up.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sir Dan Baker

Regular Contributor
Hi guys, I'm new to the forums after reading a lot of helpfull information from the reviews on the main site! Good work, you guys are helping out a lot of people!

As stated in the subject. When I try f.i. to copy a 6.5Gb movie (.mkv) onto the nas using a wired connection from my laptop to my Linksys E4200 and a Netgear GS605 (laptop directly on the router and the NAS attached to the switch somewhere else in the house) the copy itself goes fine, it runs at about 15MB per second, which is fast enough for me, faster would be more convenient but no biggie here. I uses the 'drag and drop method' here. When the copy is 99% complete adn the little dialoguewindow on the laptop tells me there's about 5 seconds left, the copy halts and does not go any further. When I open another windows explorer window and browse to the target-folder on the nas, it tells me the file is there but that it's empty. The OS on my laptop is Windows Vista 32bit and the ethernet-card is a SiS191.
I don't have this issue when copying from my Dune Mediaplayer or using a wireless connection, but those options are much slower.

Does anyone have an idea about this? There must be something that I'm missing.

OK, found out that it has something to do with the user-accounts. As I have no use for password protected accounts atm, I'll give it a rest for now.
As I started copying files onto the preconfigured public folders the speed jumped up to around 40/45MB per second as well, a nice bonus.

Dan.