What's new

How do I build something like this? Is it possible?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evilnewbie

Occasional Visitor
What I want is a computer that can output to four different monitors but what I want is to output to two monitors at a time. For instance, the computer with its monitor is in one room. Another monitor is in another room and then another monitor in another room with the last monitor in a different room. While at the computer terminal, I want to output an image to one room and only that room. Is this possible? What do I need to do something like this?

What I want is .... For instance, the computer with its monitor is in one room. Another monitor is in another room and then another monitor in another room with the last monitor in a different room. While at the computer terminal, I want to output an image to one room and only that room.
First problem is how these monitors connect, in terms of cabling, and that leads to the distance limits. Have you been through this?

I think this is a cool project and I'm curious to know what your purpose would be to implementing this?

Are you thinking of a centrally controlled TV system, like at a gym? or more for home use?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!