What's new

How does a ubiquiti APs like the u6 enterprise compare to Asus routers like the GT-AXE11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gommm

Occasional Visitor
I've been using Asus routers for a long time but since I now have a router for my home (a mikrotik RB5009UG+S+IN), I now realize that for wifi I only really need APs instead of a full blown router. Especially since configuring vlans on an asus router in AP mode is not super practical.

But I can't find any benchmark comparing something like the Ubiquiti U6 enterprise with the GT-AXE11000 so I'm trying to figure out how they differ in term of performance, stability, reliability.

Last edited:
I've been using Asus routers for a long time but since I now have a router for my home (a mikrotik RB5009UG+S+IN), I now realize that for wifi I only really need APs instead of a full blown router. Especially since configuring vlans on an asus router in AP mode is not super practical.

But I can't find any benchmark comparing something like the Ubiquiti U6 enterprise with the GT-AXE11000 so I'm trying to figure out how they differ in term of performance, stability, reliability.

Why not an AP from MikroTik? For example, cAP ax. You must have a controller for just 1 AP with Ubiquiti.

The main issue I have is that there's a lot of interference on 5ghz in my high rise apartment building so having access to 6ghz would help with that. I can use it as the backhaul to the one wifi ap I cannot wire to. Unfortunately Mikrotik doesn't have any wifi 6e devices yet.

For the controller, I was just planning on running it in a docker container on my nas.