What's new

How to change language of latest firmware of AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KristoV

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I recently just bought a brand new Asus AC68U Router in Japan (BiC Camera).

After the first setup with stock firmware, the language was in english and there was an option to change the language in the top right portion of the site.

After updating the latest firmware though, the language suddenly changed to Japanese and I can't find the option to change the language anymore. (Tried looking in different sections)

Please see attached pic for reference.

asus.jpg

I need help! I just want my interface in English.

Hope to hear from anyone soon!

Last edited:
Hi,

I recently just bought a brand new Asus AC68U Router in Japan (BiC Camera).

After the first setup with stock firmware, the language was in english and there was an option to change the language in the top left portion of the site.

After updating the latest firmware though, the language suddenly changed to Japanese and I can't find the option to change the language anymore. (Tried looking in different sections)

Please see attached pic for reference.

asus.jpg

I need help! I just want my interface in English.

Hope to hear from anyone soon!
Normally it is top right

Correction, I meant top-right. *edited my post* Thanks!

I hope someone can help me on this. I need to have the interface in English.

reset settings to default by
power off the router, press wps buton and power on router. hold on wps buton until power led start blinking, then release buton and router go to restart with facory default.

reset settings to default by
power off the router, press wps buton and power on router. hold on wps buton until power led start blinking, then release buton and router go to restart with facory default.

Tried doing this, it went back to its factory settings but the language is still in Japanese and I still can't see the language menu on the top right side of the page.

Have you tried to switch between tabs I see your pic and the icon is missing yes.I saw this error a few releases ago and the problem was when in french
Hi Blinkyz, sorry for me being in-experienced but what do you mean by switching between tabs? I tried going to different parts of the Asus Router site, it's still the same.

Section on the left side(Wireless,lan, wan,admin,Aicloud,VpN )

Its weird, because normally the router is using the same language of your browser

What is the version Firmware plz

Hi Blinkyz, sorry for me being in-experienced but what do you mean by switching between tabs? I tried going to different parts of the Asus Router site, it's still the same.
Have you tried cleaning your browser cache
Try with different browsers.

While powered on in a working state press RESET button for 10-15s without releasing it (you will see POWER LED blinking), then wait for reboot.

Last edited:
While powered on in a working state press RESET button for 10-15s without releasing it (you will see POWER LED blinking), then wait for reboot.
Tried that one. Still none.

I have a question, am I the only one here with missing language selection bar? Is it because I bought this router in Japan?

I'm really confused.

That shouldn't be happening after a RESET, which means something is wrong with FW 3264 code. Do it the hard way then:

To know what language is set:

# nvram get preferred_lang (it should be JP)

To set the language:

# nvram set preferred_lang=EN
# nvram commit
# reboot

Probably after this you will see the language option available on GUI.

Last edited:
Connect to SSH/Telnet terminal, you need to enable it first via GUI on Administration tab and then connect with any client, "Putty" if you are on Windows OS.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!