What's new

How to clear UPnP leases without reboot?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Hi all,

As per the title, how does one clear the UPnP leases? Some services have helpfully(!) added leases with no expiry, and I can't find where to remove them. I usually have UPnP off but had it on temporarily to test something. I've tried toggling the option, restarting WAN, and even found a upnp.leases file in /tmp but I guess this is pulled from elsewhere as it re-appears on a WAN restart.

Merlin 384.6, RT-AC86U.

Thanks in advance!

There are some Windows utilities that would do it, but with secure mode enabled you'd have to use them from the same PC that created the leases.

Code:
# service stop_upnp

Done.
# rm /var/lib/misc/upnp.leases
# service start_upnp

Done.
#
Minor updates....
on Merlin the leases files is at '/tmp/upnp.leases'
instead of starting upnp at the end
service restart_firewall
The firewall needs to be restarted because of it's interface with upnp (it will also restart upnp - I forget whether the reverse is also true).

Minor updates....
on Merlin the leases files is at '/tmp/upnp.leases'
instead of starting upnp at the end
service restart_firewall
The firewall needs to be restarted because of it's interface with upnp (it will also restart upnp - I forget whether the reverse is also true).
That worked, cheers all