What's new

How to entirely block certain external IP ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RejZoR

Regular Contributor
I'm using Merlin 384.4 Beta3 and I keep getting access reports from AiProtection Two Way IPS from same IP's. How can I set router to just straight block ANY connections to me from those IP's? Where can I do that in router settings?

Thx

I'm using Merlin 384.4 Beta3 and I keep getting access reports from AiProtection Two Way IPS from same IP's. How can I set router to just straight block ANY connections to me from those IP's? Where can I do that in router settings?

Thx
Install AMTM by ssh and from there install Skynet. In Skynet you can block any ip you want....;)

Lets say I'm not in the mood of installing anything extra on it. What can I do with router as it is with Merlin firmware? No setting within Firewall that can do this or some other existing module?

Lets say I'm not in the mood of installing anything extra on it. What can I do with router as it is with Merlin firmware? No setting within Firewall that can do this or some other existing module?
Not that I'm aware of. You could use keyword filtering which is native to the firmware.

I'm using Merlin 384.4 Beta3 and I keep getting access reports from AiProtection Two Way IPS from same IP's. How can I set router to just straight block ANY connections to me from those IP's? Where can I do that in router settings
You don't need to do anything, the router blocks all unsolicited incoming connections by default. The only thing that has changed is that AiProtection is giving you more information than before.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/trend-micro-two-way-ips-hits.43207/#post-381333

You could create a firewall-start script if you wanted, but you'd really just be duplicating the existing firewall rules.

Install AMTM by ssh and from there install Skynet. In Skynet you can block any ip you want....;)
I think ai protection come first then followed by ipset blocked by Skynet.
I tested blacklist ip from those i got from ai protection, it was stopped at ai protection and Skynet log didn’t pick up those IP address.

Just don’t open unnecessary service to the internet, you will be fine. All internet noise are dropped by default.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!