1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

How to make VPN exception on VOXEL fw

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by Lord_Vader, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader Occasional Visitor

Hi all! Need some of your precious help...
    I would like to add exceptions for my VPN on Voxel firmware, and specify VPN-exceptions via ip-addresses.

I'm a total newbie on Linux but I'm able to browse to /etc/openvpn/ via my Mac and Telnet.

But how the heck do I change the ovpnclient-up.sh with these lines below (from Kamoj)

NO_VPN_LST="192.168.1.8 192.168.1.11 192.168.1.12"
    NOVPN_TABLE="200"
    WAN_GWAY=`ip route | awk '/^default/{print $3}'`
    while [ $(ip route list table $NOVPN_TABLE default | grep "default" | wc -l) != "0" ]; do ip route del table $NOVPN_TABLE default 2>/dev/null; done
    while [ $(ip route list table $NOVPN_TABLE | grep "default" | wc -l) != "0" ]; do ip route del table $NOVPN_TABLE 2>/dev/null; done
    while [ $(ip rule list | grep "lookup $NOVPN_TABLE" | wc -l) != "0" ]; do ip rule del table $NOVPN_TABLE 2>/dev/null; done
    ip route flush cache
    sleep 1
    for excludeip in $NO_VPN_LST; do [ $(ip rule list | grep "${excludeip} lookup $NOVPN_TABLE" | wc -l) = "0" ] && ip rule add from ${excludeip} table $NOVPN_TABLE; done
    ip route add default via $WAN_GWAY dev `ip route | awk '/^default/{print $NF}'` table $NOVPN_TABLE
    ip route flush cache

2. eevanskiteboards

eevanskiteboards Occasional Visitor

Lord_Vader likes this.
  3. Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader Occasional Visitor

Well, then it look like this:
    === IMPORTANT ============================

#!/bin/sh

/sbin/ledcontrol -n wan -c green -s on

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

I /etc/openvpn/ovpnclient-up.sh [modified] 1/4 25%

4. eevanskiteboards

eevanskiteboards Occasional Visitor

I think you copy/paste the code and save the file. Disclaimer, I'm still learning this stuff myself as well.