What's new

HTML text in configuration fields.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thps2k2

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time registering and posting.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my issue.

I have a load balancing setup, making use of the dual WAN features.

I'm currently running 380.65-4 Merlin on an RT-AC68U and has been this way since end of March. Recently I started having issues accessing my machines remotely using the ASUS name servers. So I looked at the settings on my static routes, and have noticed they have become "unbound". In fact the tables were all populated with HTML text as a link.

Please see picture
XRxJX9g.png

I have performed a factory reset and a 30/30/30. I have also updated to the latest firmware, which seemd to work for a few days, then reverted to the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I suspect you imported your previous settings and this isn't compatible with the firmware you've installed. 30/30/30 isn't necessary or used by Asus. Reset back to factory defaults and manually setup without importing.

I suspect you imported your previous settings and this isn't compatible with the firmware you've installed. 30/30/30 isn't necessary or used by Asus. Reset back to factory defaults and manually setup without importing.

Thank you for the reply, but sadly this is not the case. I did keep the old config and backup files, but they were not restored.

So just to add, I have factory reset, and now the fields do appear to be correct. However the routing rules appear to be ignored.

G0H8CkB.png

This is how I have it set up.

Does anyone know whats gone wrong all of a sudden? The machine with the IP of 192.168.1.111 should only be communicating across the primary WAN.

Sorry, forgot to mention that machine 192.168.1.111 is utilizing both connections, not the one I have assigned it.

So just to add, I have factory reset, and now the fields do appear to be correct. However the routing rules appear to be ignored.

G0H8CkB.png

This is how I have it set up.

Does anyone know whats gone wrong all of a sudden? The machine with the IP of 192.168.1.111 should only be communicating across the primary WAN.

Sorry, forgot to mention that machine 192.168.1.111 is utilizing both connections, not the one I have assigned it.
Try 0.0.0.0 as the source IP, if you want everything

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!