What's new

OpenVPN cloudconnexa connector egress configuration in Merlin GT-AXE16000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

s!n9u14r!7y

New Around Here
Hi! I have setup the openVPN client on the router using OpenVPN CloudConnexa connector profile. The VPN client on the router can connect to the server fine without issues and even access other clients connected to the cloud. However, I want to setup my router as an egress node for the other clients on the cloud. How can I configure the routes/firewall to allow other clients on the same VPN network to access my LAN and access Internet through the router?

The related steps are given in the openVPN documentation (https://openvpn.net/cloud-docs/owne...etworks-to-cloudconnexa-using-connectors.html), but I don't know how to configure the same on Merlin. There are also some steps for configuring openwrt (https://openvpn.net/cloud-docs/owne...loudconnexa-profile-to-configure-openwrt.html) which I used to configure an openwrt router for the same purpose in the past, but I don't know how to do it with Merlin (e.g. step 14).

Can someone help me setup the Merlin openVPN client to allow access to LAN and Internet for VPN subnet users?

Thanks!

It seems I can access the router UI from other VPN clients without enabling WAN access by configuring VPN director or adding static router, but not LAN systems behind the router or WAN through the router. I guess I'm missing some firewall config to allow traffic flow between WAN and VPN or LAN and VPN through the router.

Did you manage to get this solved? I'm trying to do the same but a few steps behind. I pulled down the connector OVPN from CloudConnexa but am getting hit with errors when I try to enable the profile on my Asus Merlin router. It seems like you had some success to at least establish a connection to CloudConnexa whereas I'm getting a series of option errors with a failure to start the service.

Which profile did you use? Can you share an example here?

Thanks!

Last edited: