What's new

I really ask to help solve the problem with ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC2900.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LION

Occasional Visitor
Good day to all members of the forum!
First of all, I ask for me for my English, I use a translator.
I also ask me to forgive me that I created a new topic, if it was not a right solution or place.
Since February 19, I use the best firmware from the respected RMerlin. And I am very happy about it!
But a few days ago I decided to try to change the DNS of my provider in my router, if this would affect anything and then returned everything back.
Since then, I can't use uTorrent, the port does not open so that I do not do ...
I dropped the settings of my router with all possible ways. I tried to make a refund to the factory firmware using the Rescue, but it did not help, returned back to 386.5_2.
Before changing the DNS, everything worked and the port was opened without any additional settings.
It was before, on my previous router, too, from Asus, but I replaced it to this and before my change DNS everything was in order.
I tried to open the port, which is specified in uTorrent, using a router, but nothing helps. The trackers writes a message that the port is closed and I can not join the distribution.
Maybe there is some kind of error in firmware in terms of DNS change?
I am ready to provide any information and make any actions only help me, please be the port and I could use torrents.
I am really looking forward to any help.
I ask for help.
Many thanks!

Did you change the DNS back?

What DNS server are you using?

Have you tried a standard DNS server, like 1.1.1.1 or 9.9.9.9

Have you tried changing the DNS server in windows?

Do you have Upnp on ?

Have you changed any settings in the app?

Have you tried a utorrent alternative, like https://www.qbittorrent.org/ ?

Dear BreakingDad, thank you very much for helping me!

Did you change the DNS back?
Yes

What DNS server are you using?
After changing the DNS on 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 before the appearance of the problem, I always used the automatic DNS. I tried to set up the DNS from the provider, automatic or 1.1.1.1. after the emergence of the problem, but this did not change the situation. At the moment I stayed with 1.1.1.1., because the change in DNS is no longer affected.

Have you tried a standard DNS server, like 1.1.1.1 or 9.9.9.9
After changing the DNS with an automatic value to any DNS, a problem has appeared. Changing the DNS after the problem does not return the open port.

Have you tried changing the DNS server in windows?
There are no changes to the DNS of Windows. In the network adapter everything is worth automatic receipt. So it was always.

Do you have Upnp on ?
Yes, always. And in the program and in the router.

Have you changed any settings in the app?
No. In addition to the DNS in the router. In general, no changes other than DNS in the router I did not do anywhere.

Have you tried a utorrent alternative, like https://www.qbittorrent.org/ ?
I have long wanted to try this program, but having a collection on different tracker about 300 distributions, I have not hurried to do it. But after your message I tried it. And it is better than uTorrent, now I will always use it! Even in the router log, messages appeared, about the port specified in qBittorrent, which was not before using UTorrent. Now the trackers see my connection and half of the sites indicates that the port is open, but half still indicates that the port is closed. Although before changing the DNS, everywhere and has always been indicated that the port is open. I repeat, I have not done any changes anywhere, except for the change of DNS in the router. After returning as it was, the port is no longer open as before.

Maybe the port is open, but sites show incorrect information? On the closed trackers, I observe information about the status of the port openness. Previously, everywhere was open, now only half indicates that it is open.

Before that router, I used ASUS RT-N66W and on it was exactly the same problem. Absolutely everything is the same. But I did not look for the reason, because I replaced it with ASUS ROG RAPTURE GT-AC2900, which I use now. Maybe a mistake in the firmware itself? Maybe not only I have such a problem? Absolutely all settings in the router are standard in addition to inclusion of DDOS protection, but it does not affect it and it has always been turned on and everything worked. But if I tried to change the DNS with automatic on any, then the problem was manifested. Can the provider blocks something after changing the DNS? Maybe this? But again, if you replace the router to another, at which the DNS did not change, the problem is not repeated.

And it is better than uTorrent, now I will always use it!
Well that is good, yes I love qbittorrent. I used to use utorrent as well and made the change some years ago. It is also often updated. The provider can block torrents yes, but the simple way around the blocks is vpn.
if you replace the router to another, at which the DNS did not change, the problem is not repeated.
This is very strange. Maybe a full factory reset could fix it?

Also you could try changing the dns setting on the windows device, i have mine set to 9.9.9.9, on router it is isp through adguard.

Last edited:
Before that router, I used ASUS RT-N66W and on it was exactly the same problem.

Is your router behind another ISP provided router? What you describe is port forwarding issue, not DNS related.

but the simple way around the blocks is vpn.
I always used antizapret.prostovpn.org and everything worked until I changed the DNS and returned its value back.

This is very strange. Maybe a full factory reset could fix it?
Yes, I tried to reset at all in all ways that are only possible. Did not help.

Is your router behind another ISP provided router? What you describe is port forwarding issue, not DNS related.
As I described the problem above, I used to have ASUS RT-N66W and the ports were always open until the change of DNS. After the change did not help not reset to the factory settings, not the loading of different firmware. Only replacing the router to another, on which DNSs did not change. I just bought a new ASUS ROG RAPTURE GT-AC2900 and did not figure out the problem. And everything worked again until the replacement of the DNS. I live in a house where five floors and a lot of apartments. On the first floor there is a large box of the provider and in it the equipment where many cables are inserted, which go to different apartments where there is an Internet. Is there a problem? The provider equipment reacts to the change of DNS?

Just the problem appeared precisely after replacing the DNS in the router with automatically on any other. Therefore, I emphasize this. But sometimes, if the router for any reason was disconnected from the power, after the inclusion also did not have open ports, more precisely they were not always open. The settings did not change accordingly. I rebooted the router several times and the ports opened.

antizapret.prostovpn.org

Looking at this address... are you in Russia? Because your problem may be somewhere else.

Is there a problem?

What is your WAN IP address? Is it in 192.168.x.x. range like the picture below?

Untitled_ip.png

Looking at this address... are you in Russia? Because your problem may be somewhere else.
Yes Russia. Bryansk region.
But everything works absolutely unchanged other than replacing the DNS in the router and return everything as it has not helps to open the port. Replacing the router to absolutely new, where the DNS did not change helps. Can this box provider on the first floor react to change in my router and close ports?

the vpn should force its own dns regardless of the isp/router/pc settings

and you say you tried WAN - Virtual Server / Port Forwarding ?

the vpn should force its own dns regardless of the isp/router/pc settigns
Well, but after returning the router settings to a state, the work, the port does not open ... I tried to disable VPN, without it the port does not open up the same. So the problem is not in the VPN. I tried it and excluded this item. Dear community, believe me, I tried all the ways. We defeated the ports for the program in the router, changed the DNS, changed the program for torrents, turned off and turned on the VPN, stitched into different firmware and reset the settings. The only thing I did not try is to disconnect the Internet cable from the router and insert directly into the computer. But an important fact is that it is the change in DNS in routers makes closing ports.

Yes Russia. Bryansk region.

I have a little suspicion your current Internet service can't be called Internet anymore. Careful with VPNs there.

What is your WAN IP address? Is it in 192.168.x.x. range like the picture below?
2.JPG

I ask me to forgive me, I do not know if I can upload photos with real data here. If so, tell me about it and I will not spend time on the molding of some numbers.

and you say you tried WAN - Virtual Server / Port Forwarding ?
Opening ports I made on the Crawling port tab in the Internet tab. I specified the QBittorrent service name The external port took the numbers that are specified in the program Internal IP address chose the protocol from the pop-up list indicated Both I opened the ports correctly or should I do something else?
1.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited:
You have to focus on Port Forwarding. If you can't fix it on your end, perhaps the ISP closed all the ports except minimum required. I know some developers in Russia and Internet there is highly filtered and limited at the moment. If that's the case, you won't be able to fix it. I would be extremely careful with Torrents, Tor and VPNs in this red hot geopolitical situation.

You have to focus on Port Forwarding.
I ask you very much, help me open ports. I repeat ports closed after changing the settings associated with DNS. Before that, everything was fine. Of course, I can sell this router and buy new and ports will be open as before, if I do not change anything in the router, but I think that this is not the right solution to the problem.
I provided a photo of those settings that I changed to open ports. But the ports are still closed. What am I doing not right?
Help me please, very please.

Here is what is in the journal Router:

Mar 29 23:20:59 acsd: acs_set_chspec: 0x1009 (9) for reason APCS_CSTIMER
Mar 29 23:36:02 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x100c (12)
Mar 29 23:36:02 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x100c (12)
Mar 29 23:36:02 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x100c (12)
Mar 29 23:36:02 acsd: acs_set_chspec: 0x100c (12) for reason APCS_CSTIMER
Mar 29 23:50:35 miniupnpd[2487]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 58???, protocol TCP
Mar 29 23:50:35 miniupnpd[2487]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 58???, protocol UDP
Mar 29 23:50:59 kernel: httpd (1934): drop_caches: 1
Mar 29 23:51:05 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x100d (13)
Mar 29 23:51:05 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x100d (13)
Mar 29 23:51:05 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x100d (13)
Mar 29 23:51:05 acsd: acs_set_chspec: 0x100d (13) for reason APCS_CSTIMER
Mar 30 00:06:07 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x100d (13)
Mar 30 00:06:07 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x100d (13)
Mar 30 00:06:07 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x100d (13)
Mar 30 00:17:16 rc_service: httpd 1934:notify_rc restart_firewall

Part of the open port numbers I replaced with questions.

I believe we have some translation issues here. Let me try this way:

Я вообще не знаю что у тебя осталось работат, что там фильтрировано и что заблокировано на уровне Интернет провайдера. Как я сказал, у меня друзья програмисты в Росии и у них Интернет почти не работает. Некоторые из них вообще не могут связаться с нами. Что прежде работало уже может не работать. Тебе по всякой вероятности нужно просто ждать. Настройки у тебя хотя правильные и вероятно те же самые как прежде, но мы не знаем что там просходит у твоего провайдера. Замена рутера на другой вероятно не поможет. Извини меня, но я тебе помочь не могу.

I don't need to port forward anything with qBittorrent. I only disable μTP protocol and leave TCP only. I don't even have UPnP enabled.