Install Merlin on Chinese asus AX56U

chiccoach

New Around Here
Hi All,

I bought a Chinese ASUS router AX56U and when I try to install Merlin firmware it always fails.
do you know how to solve the problem?
I need to restore the firmware?

thanks all in advance

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
I don't believe the Chinese version of the AX56U (RT-AX56U v2) is compatible with Merlin.

chiccoach

New Around Here
I don't believe the Chinese version of the AX56U (RT-AX56U v2) is compatible with Merlin.

Thanks
Basically there is nothing I can do.
All the Chinese ASUS router are like this? All not compatible with Merlin? Or just XA56U which is newer?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
All the Chinese ASUS router are like this? All not compatible with Merlin? Or just XA56U which is newer?
There are two different models called RT-AX56U each with different hardware. The V1 (FCC ID MSQ-RTAXHY00) and the V2 (FCC ID MSQ-RTAX8A00). See the image in the other post.

chiccoach

New Around Here
There are two different models called RT-AX56U each with different hardware. The V1 (FCC ID MSQ-RTAXHY00) and the V2 (FCC ID MSQ-RTAX8A00). See the image in the other post.
Saw it. Do you know how to find the Merlin compatible one? Coz in chinese app it is not mentioned V2 so difficult to know in advance

Jumpstarter

Hi All,

I bought a Chinese ASUS router AX56U and when I try to install Merlin firmware it always fails.
do you know how to solve the problem?
I need to restore the firmware?

thanks all in advance
Did you buy your router from here?

maybe this link helps?