What's new

Installed Wrong Version on RT-AX88U-Geez

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Louis James

Occasional Visitor
Good Morning:

Feeling kinda dumb this AM. I accidentally installed the RT-AX88U Pro V.388.2.2 on my RT-AX88U (not pro). When I realized my mistake, I installed the correct RT-AX88U V.3.88.2.2 and everything "seems" to working correctly. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts? Thank you for helping.

Louis

Did you confirm that it actually installed the wrong version by looking at the model number shown in the GUI? Normally the router will silently reject a firmware for a different model.
That's the strange part. After install, I saw that it said Firmware 388.2.2. I ONLY realized what I think was a mistake based on the ZIP file that I downloaded that said "RT-AX88U_PRO_388.2_2.zip" not RT-AX88U_388.2_2.zip. I can only assume that I installed the wrong Firmware. HOWEVER, you would think that either it would not have installed or it would have "bricked" the router.

Seemingly, all is well, but I have no way to know if I acted stupidly. Geez.

Louis

If you've installed the correct version I would do a couple of resets, so no information from the wrong FW is left over.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!