What's new

Internal Asus router IP redirecting to asusrouter.com

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ellenswamy

Regular Contributor
I have an odd issue that started recently. when I go to my router IP, it redirects to asusrouter.com automatically. This is turned off and has been for awhile now, I have things installed like skynet\diversion\unbound etc. I can't figure out how to stop the redirect? anyone have any ideas?

What router model? What firmware version?
What other troubleshooting steps have you tried, like:
Have you cleared the web browser cache?
Have you rebooted the router and network clients?
What changes did you make at or around the time the issue started?

What router model? What firmware version?
What other troubleshooting steps have you tried, like:
Have you cleared the web browser cache?
Have you rebooted the router and network clients?
What changes did you make at or around the time the issue started?
What router model? What firmware version? AX-11000 running latest merlin

What other troubleshooting steps have you tried, like: reboots, reapply the settings to no allow redirect
Have you cleared the web browser cache? yes
Have you rebooted the router and network clients? yes
What changes did you make at or around the time the issue started? I installed skynet, but I can't find out anywhere that would case that

Latest Merlin means nothing! Latest stable? Latest Beta? State the version number!

I have an odd issue that started recently. when I go to my router IP, it redirects to asusrouter.com automatically.

The same behavior in stock Asuswrt. What issue is this creating in Asuswrt-Merlin?

I have an odd issue that started recently. when I go to my router IP, it redirects to asusrouter.com automatically. This is turned off and has been for awhile now, I have things installed like skynet\diversion\unbound etc. I can't figure out how to stop the redirect? anyone have any ideas?

What Browser are you using? Have you cleared the browser cache, such as Ctrl - F5.
Edit:
Also do this on the Router landing / login page.

Latest Merlin means nothing! Latest stable? Latest Beta? State the version number!
the latest stable.
What Browser are you using? Have you cleared the browser cache, such as Ctrl - F5.
Edit:
Also do this on the Router landing / login page.
yep
The same behavior in stock Asuswrt. What issue is this creating in Asuswrt-Merlin?
I guess maybe this is a bug perhaps, it is causing slow downs with connecting. When I can log in by just the IP it loads pretty quick. When it redirects it slows down, other than that no real issues.

There is a setting under Administration --> System --> Basic Config called "Redirect webui access to www.asusrouter.com" which I have set to "No".

DNS resolves both www.asusrouter.com and router.asus.com to the router's IP address.

On port 80, the web GUI does not respond. This is as expected because "Authentication Method" is set to "HTTPS", not "Both".

On port 8443, the web GUI is OK.

Last edited:
Last edited:
When it redirects it slows down, other than that no real issues.

I can't see any GUI loading speed difference between calling LAN IP and domain and when it switches to the domain automatically. It happens in an instant in both cases. My test router is model RT-AX86U and running stock Asuswrt at the moment. The only GUI slowdown is when https access from LAN is used for some unknown reason.

Right. I was mixing it with the multiple other names Asus is now using.

Code:
192.168.10.1 www.asusrouter.com
192.168.10.1 asusrouter.com
192.168.10.1 www.asusrepeater.com
192.168.10.1 asusrepeater.com
192.168.10.1 www.asusap.com
192.168.10.1 asusap.com
192.168.10.1 www.asusswitch.com
192.168.10.1 asusswitch.com
192.168.10.1 router.asus.com
192.168.10.1 repeater.asus.com
192.168.10.1 ap.asus.com
192.168.10.1 www.asusnetwork.net
192.168.10.1 asusswitch.net
192.168.10.1 asusrepeater.net
192.168.10.1 asusap.net
192.168.10.1 zenwifi.net
192.168.10.1 expertwifi.net

I can't see any GUI loading speed difference between calling LAN IP and domain and when it switches to the domain automatically. It happens in an instant in both cases. My test router is model RT-AX86U and running stock Asuswrt at the moment. The only GUI slowdown is when https access from LAN is used for some unknown reason.
yea I dunno why it does that. Still local just redirects. Just found it odd since it only just started. But no issues just more of a why is it happening..

Start worrying if it redirects to sorry.asus.com. 🤭

Last edited by a moderator:
Which was the URL that the domain expired, and someone grabbed the domain and started hosting inappropriate content..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!