What's new

Internal card sdhc card slot?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jsmiddleton4

Very Senior Member
Is it supported with the Asus core? Is that why there are 2 USB devices showing on the status screen or is it that I could plug in 2 devices and since the card slot is internal there is no built-in support in the Asus core?

The firmware will mount it, but it won`t appear as a USB disk on the webui.

So since it is mapped it can be shared as a folder just like we share the USB attached hard drive?

For me personally, and I'm probably not the only one, the practicality is suspect. So the value of taking router apart, putting card in, etc. is not clear.

Although fairly large storage sized mini sdhc cards are available and not that expensive. Could be used as a download directory, etc.

32gb card could hold quite a bit of music if the media server can "see" it and use it.

So since it is mapped it can be shared as a folder just like we share the USB attached hard drive?

Yes. It shows up under the list of available drives when on the sharing configuration page.

That feature was not intended for end-users. Chances are this was originally planned for Asus to sell models with pre-installed storage. Could also be a left-over from the development days, and they left it there for some reason.

Just like there's still the Fan Control code in the firmware while only the pre-release A revision actually had a cooling fan.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!