What's new

Internet problems with ac88u last merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jffyer

New Around Here
Hello, I have internet problems with ac88u, wifi ac only have 192 mbps connection, and before i had 866mbps. The big problem came with whatsapp whatsapp video calls, I see and hear them but they don't see or hear me. I was looking for this error and only found nat deactivation and this solved the WhatsApp problem, but without nat Acceleration (ctf) i only do 280mbps, which 600/600 of my connection. Does anyone know what happens and how to solve it?

I have done a factory reset, full erase of nvram, reinstalled asus merlin but nothing has worked

Thanks and sorry for my poor english

Last edited:
Hello, I have internet problems with ac88u, wifi ac only have 192 mbps connection, and before i had 866mbps. The big problem came with whatsapp whatsapp video calls, I see and hear them but they don't see or hear me. I was looking for this error and only found nat deactivation and this solved the WhatsApp problem, but without nat Acceleration (ctf) i only do 280mbps, which 600/600 of my connection. Does anyone know what happens and how to solve it?

I have done a factory reset, full erase of nvram, reinstalled asus merlin but nothing has worked

Thanks and sorry for my poor english

Hello and welcome to the forum. No need to apologise: your English is more than good enough for your message to be fully understood.

You kindly provided information about your having done a factory reset, but can you clarify one thing: did you enter all your personal settings afterwards manually? You didn’t restore your settings from a backup of your config file did you?

Hello and welcome to the forum. No need to apologise: your English is more than good enough for your message to be fully understood.

You kindly provided information about your having done a factory reset, but can you clarify one thing: did you enter all your personal settings afterwards manually? You didn’t restore your settings from a backup of your config file did you?
hello thanks for answering, when i did the factory reset I didnt put any personal settings, only the vlan to connect to my isp, right now the Wi-Fi speed has returned to normal when i installed the latest TEST version but the WhatsApp problem still here.

hello thanks for answering, when i did the factory reset I didnt put any personal settings, only the vlan to connect to my isp, right now the Wi-Fi speed has returned to normal when i installed the latest TEST version but the WhatsApp problem still here.

Setting NAT passthrough for H.323 &/or RTSP might be required for two-way communication via WhatsApp. Try H.323 first using the setting in the screenshot. FBF7DB70-5CCB-487B-BE76-16C9CBE2DD7A.jpeg

Both are activated.

Ok. I'd say try SIP now since WhatsApp is a Facebook product and Facebook is ... well ... Facebook and who knows what they're thinking. Either way, I wish I could help further.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!