1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

IPV6 Hostnames

Discussion in 'Other LAN and WAN' started by outlaw78, Jan 20, 2020.

1. outlaw78

outlaw78 Occasional Visitor

I'm trying to figure out what going on with my IPV6 client list on my Asus RT-AC5300 running Merlin 384.14_2. I've googled to no avail and searched the forums here.

The three shown in the picture are windows 10 computers, but only one shows the computer name in the "hostname" section. Is there a way to get them to show their computer name? Why does only one transmit the name?

I've also got a IPV6 capable printer (HP 8720) that won't show the name either.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Capture.PNG

2. EmeraldDeer

EmeraldDeer Very Senior Member

I am not sure how this works under the covers. My guess is that it is a table lookup from nvram variable custom_clientlist.
    Code:
    nvram get custom_clientlist