What's new

IPV6 Hostnames

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

outlaw78

Regular Contributor
I'm trying to figure out what going on with my IPV6 client list on my Asus RT-AC5300 running Merlin 384.14_2. I've googled to no avail and searched the forums here.

The three shown in the picture are windows 10 computers, but only one shows the computer name in the "hostname" section. Is there a way to get them to show their computer name? Why does only one transmit the name?

I've also got a IPV6 capable printer (HP 8720) that won't show the name either.

Any help would be appreciated.
Capture.PNG

I'm trying to figure out what going on with my IPV6 client list on my Asus RT-AC5300 running Merlin 384.14_2. I've googled to no avail and searched the forums here.

The three shown in the picture are windows 10 computers, but only one shows the computer name in the "hostname" section. Is there a way to get them to show their computer name? Why does only one transmit the name?

I've also got a IPV6 capable printer (HP 8720) that won't show the name either.

Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 20965
I am not sure how this works under the covers. My guess is that it is a table lookup from nvram variable custom_clientlist.
Code:
nvram get custom_clientlist