What's new

Is RT-AX88U Wan Aggregation possible with Xfinity XB7 modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nitro001

Regular Contributor
Hello,
I have had a RT-AX88U running Merlin firmware paired with Comcast Xfinity 1.2GBps service on a XB7 router.
Of course the issue here is that the WAN port on the AX88U is only 1Gbps so I am not getting what I am paying for.

The XB7 is in bridge mode to passthrough to the AX88u and it has been working fine, but I would like to utilize the WAN Aggregation if possible.
Has anyone with Xfinity and an XB7 successfully configured WAN aggregation to reach 1.2GBps?

If not, then I just need to downgrade to the 1Gbps service since I am not achieving the speeds and save $20/month.

Thanks.

Hello,
I have had a RT-AX88U running Merlin firmware paired with Comcast Xfinity 1.2GBps service on a XB7 router.
Of course the issue here is that the WAN port on the AX88U is only 1Gbps so I am not getting what I am paying for.

The XB7 is in bridge mode to passthrough to the AX88u and it has been working fine, but I would like to utilize the WAN Aggregation if possible.
Has anyone with Xfinity and an XB7 successfully configured WAN aggregation to reach 1.2GBps?

If not, then I just need to downgrade to the 1Gbps service since I am not achieving the speeds and save $20/month.

Thanks.

Um just save the 20 bucks a month. If the upload speed is the same on both tiers I highly doubt the extra 200 will do anything for you. Keep in mind even if you do get wan aggregation working you will need 2 flows (2 simultaneous downloads for example) to exceed 1 gig, that's how LAG works.

The upload speeds are slightly off. Gigabit is 1Gbps down and 20Mbps up, Gigabit Extra is 1.2Gbps down and 35Mbps up.
Although speed tests for me are showing ~490Mbps and upload 41Mbps (from router - I know not the best place to run it).
And from desktop where it should be run 947Mbps down and still 41Mbps up.
So, managing to squeeze a bit more of the upload speed than currently advertised.

The upload speeds are slightly off. Gigabit is 1Gbps down and 20Mbps up, Gigabit Extra is 1.2Gbps down and 35Mbps up.
Although speed tests for me are showing ~490Mbps and upload 41Mbps (from router - I know not the best place to run it).
And from desktop where it should be run 947Mbps down and still 41Mbps up.
So, managing to squeeze a bit more of the upload speed than currently advertised.

Wow that's even worse, around here all their gig and up tiers are 50M upload.