What's new

Issue with DSL-N66U in WDS mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alucard29

New Around Here
Hi All,

Due to the lost of my DSL connexion, my ISP give me a 4G to Wifi hotspot. I configured this Hotspot to an Open system (no password) only using wifi channel 1.

Now I want to use my DSL-N66U (ASUS Firmware) as a bridge for the rest of my LAN. I followed this tuto (were WDS is called Bridge but handles same options). My N66u is now in "WDS only" and the remote Hotspot is selected in the "Remote AP List", "Connect to APs in list" is set to "Yes". In the General tab I have also selected Channel 1 and Open System/None.

But, with this configuration, my N66u doesn't appear in the list of the Hotspot clients. Did I miss something ?

Thanks for your advices

Now I want to use my DSL-N66U (ASUS Firmware) as a bridge for the rest of my LAN.

Use Repeater Mode instead. It allows both Wired and Wireless connections to the router. Not familiar with DSL-N66U in particular, but RT-N66U has a Repeater Mode and it works fine. Put a password on the 4G hotspot, don't leave it open. Happy New Year!

Last edited:
You voted for Asus routers everywhere and told everyone problems are behind screen not on router - now you used a sledge hammer to end your problems with it - very credible!

Asus routers...

ASUS routers? No... specific model, specific issues, specific software update, etc.
I don't make general conclusions. Another difference between me and you, I guess.

P.S. A way to assess SNB member credibility is to look at posts-to-likes ratio. Happy New Year! :)

Hi guys and Happy New Year !

Sadly the DSL version of the N66u don't have a Tomato Firmware (the Asus one only have WDS option which is not usable in my case). Anyway, my Internet provider have solve the issue and I don't need the 4G hotspot anymore.

Thanks for your help !
Regards