What's new

Issues with R7800 Resetting Randomly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nasty Nate

New Around Here
I purchased a new R7800 a few months ago. The first thing I did when setting it up was flash Voxel's firmware, because I heard from multiple sources the stock firmware is garbage. I used the newest version posted on myopenrouter.com (1.0.2.72SF). The flashing seemed to go fine, in that the router GUI correctly identified the installed firmware. For the most part my WiFi and LAN connections were working great and I was loving the extra range I was getting over my lame ISP provided router.

I have been having one consistent issue though. At first it seemed like the router was just dropping the Wifi signal intermittently. Like maybe 1-3x a day. Then I realized that when this was happening I was also losing connection on my wired devices. When I saw that I checked the router the next time it happened (it's not in a super accessible area now that everything was theoretically setup) and all the lights were off except the power indicator. Eventually the activity lights all cycled back on and started flashing as they should be. This indicated to me that for some reason the router had reset itself, but maybe something else is at play.

Has anyone else come across this issue, or have any suggestions of things to try? I re-flashed the firmware thinking maybe something had gone wrong the first time but that didn't help the issue. I also double checked that my ISP modem/gateway is set to passthrough mode, thinking that might be causing some interference or something. Still no fix. Now that' I'm forced to work from home, losing my network connection at random is extremely disadvantageous - Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In case this is useful:
Wired LAN Ports:
- XBox One S
- Chromecast Ultra
- Phillips Hue Hub
- LG Smart TV
ISP Info:
AT&T U-verse
2Wire Gateway (in DMZplus mode)

Last edited:
Sounds likes its losing power and rebooting. If you just got it maybe see if can be returned to the seller... else start an RMA with netgear. It could be the AC adapater.. One could always try a different one to prove that but it may take some time to find.. With the unit itself being new it may be more prudent to exchange both.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!