What's new

Kamoj Kamoj add-on V5 for Netgear R7800 X4S and R9000 X10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@kamoj - perhaps during installation you can ensure the standard debug.htm is reset.
I spent a short minute not remembering your page had moved when I upgraded from v4 to v5,
current install leaves a broken web page there.

Good point!
Thats one of the reasons i wrote in the instructions (Release notes) to uninstall previous addon.
PS
When/if this add-on leaves beta stage there is a new installer/uninstaller leaving user settings/patches/files untouched.
After updating the firmware, should I re-install your add-on ?

@kamoj

On your Router Information page you can see the WiFi strength of all connected devices. Would it be possible to display the devices too? Now it's difficult to guess which device has which strength

OK, seems there's an option to output device info to syslog. Just have to tick it on :)

There is also a separate function/button to output wifi info.
Look around and see if you can find it!
Thank you for trying out the add-on!

There is also a separate function/button to output wifi info.
Look around and see if you can find it!
Thank you for trying out the add-on!

Yes, Router Information -> WiFi info button (run/close) :)

Hello Guys, i'm new with Voxel and Kamoj addon. i would like to ask you something and report what i have has strange behavior:

- CPU and temperature are often high. around 71-72C°. i'm unable to modify fan speed. i have NaNc.
- at some point, after few hours uptime, i have lost access to the router. even telnet was not working but wifi and wires connection were working. only guest wifi disappear so i had to power circle the router and i have recovered guest and remote access.
- i'm using Smart connection and Guest network only 2.4Ghz.
- is it possible to set a bandwidth limit for guess network?

i'm coming from stock firmware and i have flashed over latest Voxel and factory reset performed.

Thank You

upload_2019-12-28_15-41-16.png

Do not use Smart Connect. It's broken at best for various models and gives more trouble than it is needed. Also, NG's implementation of Smart Connect is mediocer. As for temps, buy a cheap laptop cooler and place it under the router. That's what I use/turn it on during hot days

Brilliant addon. Thanks Kamoj!!

I use uBlock Origin on PCs with firefox and filtering on router will make ad-blocking on mobiles too. But with so many options any recommendation which filters to select?

That's a very good question!
Maybe you/we shall open a poll for that question!
It's very easy to add more filters, so if I've missed some important ones, the can be added of course.

And I'm very grateful for your feedback that you might use the ad blocking!

One other user used the option 60/61 but else I really don't know what is used of my addon.

I don't even know how many downloads there are.:(
All I know is that 24 ! persons liked the post...

So your feedback is much appreciated and needed to keep the addon supported by me.

Hope you find some filter that works ok for you!

Brilliant addon. Thanks Kamoj!!

I use uBlock Origin on PCs with firefox and filtering on router will make ad-blocking on mobiles too. But with so many options any recommendation which filters to select?

Thanks a lot for your hard work kamoj. Since Christmas I've got a new R7800 and I am already using your add-on with voxels firmware (which is brilliant too).

Unfortunately, not all of the functions of V5 of your add-on works on the R7800 (with V1.0.2.73SF from Voxel).
The links to the hidden Menus works without problems. However, the kamoj Menus are a little bugged.
  • In the settings page (addon_settings.htm), checkboxes will not be registered. For example, I can click on the checkbox of "Set Amber colour power LED when WAN connection is down", the page will be refreshed, however, the status of the checkbox is not saved and remains unchecked. Same as with all the other checkboxes on this page. Checkboxes on addon_dnsprivacy.htm works without problems.
  • Openvpn and Openvpn bypass page do not work. When I go on the page, the login popup of the browser (same popup as when you first go on the router setting page) is showed continuously, even when provided with a correct username (admin) and password. By clicking on cancel, the page will load, however I can't change anything, as the buttons do not seem to have an effect. “Shows last 100 VPN logs” displays for example "Authorization Required". By going back with the back button in the browser, I'm getting redirected to unauth.cgi. The same behaviour can be seen on the addon_routerinfo.htm page when I check the “Auto refresh” checkbox.
I've tried everything in two different browsers (Firefox and Edge).
Thanks you very mutch for a fix, but please don't stress yourself and have a happy new year time.
If I can provide you with an error log, please don't hesitate to ask.

PS: does somebody known what the different antenna configurations in hidden_manual_set_ant.html do?

Thank your för reporting.
Next year I'll be able to check out things.
Meanwhile I hope we get some more feedback on these issues from other users!

The browser problems:
I only use Chrome while development and do some simple tests with ms ie. I have not experienced any of your login problems myself.
But I have read a lot of them in the original Netgear firmware and forum.

OpenVPN bypass: The old way of doing it from my addon V4, should still work.

Hidden menus:
Since Netgear has hidden or forgotten linking these pages they are not supposed to be used at all ;-)
Why don't you try it out and report back!?

Best wishes to you as well!!!

So the "hidden" menu's in your addon are just original NG pages that are not exposed? if so, I wonder why NG has hidden them. They provide so much more functionality, especially the QoS pages

Hi kamoj, I've used your add-on for the past several months (thank you!). My use case is simple: I transitioned from your VPN bypass script posted to the forums, to the add-on for ease. (I also appreciate the enhanced debug screen.)

Unfortunately, I'm not only here to thank you, but to report a potential bug. Admission: I dropped IPVanish shortly before wiping V4 of your add-on, and didn't install V5 until SurfShark was already set-up. As a result, I recognize this could be user error, and I'm happy to run further tests or else provide additional logs. The new VPN was working smoothly until I attempted to install the V5 add-on, though, on both Voxel 72 and 73.

I appreciate any help you can provide, and there's absolutely no rush of course! Thanks for reading, thank you for creating your add-on in the first place, and Happy New Year!

openvpn-client.log
Code:
2019-12-19 08:04:06 [OpenVPN] Client:INFO: NO OpenVPN configuration given. Searching for .ovpn files...
2019-12-19 08:04:06 [OpenVPN] Client:INFO: OpenVPN configuration found: /etc/openvpn/config/client/us-nyc.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn
2019-12-19 08:04:06 [OpenVPN] Client:Check if DNS is already working
2019-12-19 08:04:07 [OpenVPN] Client:us-nyc.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn: Password file given but does not exist
2019-12-19 08:04:07 [OpenVPN] Client:Get password file for: /etc/openvpn/config/client/us-nyc.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn
2019-12-19 08:04:07 [OpenVPN] Client:Processing us-nyc.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn file...
2019-12-19 08:04:07 [OpenVPN] Client:No password file found: /tmp/openvpn_client/idpw. Check pre-defined username/password
2019-12-19 08:04:07 [OpenVPN] Client:No password file found. No pre-defined username/password exist.
2019-12-19 08:04:07 [OpenVPN] Client:ERROR: No password file found and no default passwords exist. Exiting
2019-12-29 21:43:48 [OpenVPN] Client:INFO: NO OpenVPN configuration given. Searching for .ovpn files...
2019-12-29 21:43:48 [OpenVPN] Client:INFO: OpenVPN configuration found: /etc/openvpn/config/client/us-nyc.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn
2019-12-29 21:43:48 [OpenVPN] Client:Check if DNS is already working
2019-12-29 21:43:48 [OpenVPN] Client:us-nyc.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn: Password file given but does not exist
2019-12-29 21:43:48 [OpenVPN] Client:Get password file for: /etc/openvpn/config/client/us-nyc.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn
2019-12-29 21:43:48 [OpenVPN] Client:Processing us-nyc.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn file...
2019-12-29 21:43:48 [OpenVPN] Client:No password file found: /tmp/openvpn_client/idpw. Check pre-defined username/password
2019-12-29 21:43:48 [OpenVPN] Client:No password file found. No pre-defined username/password exist.
2019-12-29 21:43:48 [OpenVPN] Client:ERROR: No password file found and no default passwords exist. Exiting

All the files are in their proper places.

ovpn file, below, in case this exposes an error on my part
Code:
client
dev tun
proto udp
remote us-nyc.prod.surfshark.com 1194
resolv-retry infinite
remote-random
nobind
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1450
persist-key
persist-tun
ping 15
ping-restart 0
ping-timer-rem
reneg-sec 0
remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass /etc/openvpn/config/client/auth.txt
#comp-lzo
verb 3
pull
pull-filter ignore "block-outside-dns"
fast-io
cipher AES-256-GCM
auth SHA512
<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
certificate deleted for length of this post
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>
key-direction 1
<tls-auth>
#
# 2048 bit OpenVPN static key
#
-----BEGIN OpenVPN Static key V1-----
static key deleted for length of this post
-----END OpenVPN Static key V1-----
</tls-auth>

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!