What's new

Kamoj Kamoj add-on V5 for Netgear R7800 X4S and R9000 X10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When Netgear releases a firmware must we, flash Netgear, Voxel and then Kamoj or do we flash Voxel and Kamoj.

Thank you snk
Hello,
Just flash your router with Voxel's firmware, not the Netgear one. Voxel's firmware has everything you need.
Then install Kamoj's add-on, and you'll be fine :)

Thank you Kamoj for this great addon!

After installing it today (latest version) I noticed that Disk Usage is constantly at 100% when dnscrypt v2 is selected. (Flash Usage at 86.7% - 111/128MB)
When dnscrypt v2 is not selected it is at 63.5% which still seems high compared to your screenshot on first page.

I only have Voxel's latest f/w, SSH enabled and Entware on a USB Stick (no packages installed yet).

Also when we use one of DNS Encryption methods, do we also have to enter DNS IP on the Internet Setup page or there is no need to? I prefer Quad9.
Eitherway, when dnscrypt v2 is enabled to block ads, I notice that no ads are blocked. (All providers ticked - tested on Edge)

Last edited:
Thank you for your support!

This version of the kamoj add-on is not compatible with the DNSCrypt version in latest Voxel R7800 (1.0.2.82.1SF) and R9000 (1.0.4.46HF).
You must go back to Voxel 1.0.2.81.1SF / 1.0.4.46HF to get compatibility.
The reason is DNSCrypt decided to become politically correct and changed e.g. blacklist to blocklist.
So either you stay with older Voxel release, or don't use the add-on to control DNSCrypt.

There is a addon in beta-testing phase, including adaption to new DNSCrypt, but I can not say when it will become official.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-beta-testing.67375/post-659939

Thank you Kamoj for this great addon!

After installing it today (latest version) I noticed that Disk Usage is constantly at 100% when dnscrypt v2 is selected.
When dnscrypt v2 is not selected it is at 63.5% which is still high compared to the screenshot on first page.

I only have Voxel's latest f/w, SSH enabled and Entware on a USB Stick (no packages installed yet).

Also when we use one of DNS Encryption methods, do we also have to enter DNS IP on the Internet Setup page or there is no need to? I prefer Quad9.
Eitherway, when dnscrypt v2 is enabled to block ads, I notice that no ads are blocked. (All providers ticked - tested on Edge)

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for this awesome add on. I have everything setup, but when I try to enable DNSCrypt on Voxel R7800 (1.0.2.82SF), the radio button highlights, but then de-selects and selects None again. Is there some piece I'm missing? I see in the above post you mention 1.0.2.82.1SF has issues, does 1.0.2.82SF also? I didn't see any other precursor to enabling it.

Thanks!

Yes, you are right. You must go back to 1.0.2.81.1SF to get compatibility.
Sorry for the problem!
Thanks a bunch for this awesome add on. I have everything setup, but when I try to enable DNSCrypt on Voxel R7800 (1.0.2.82SF), the radio button highlights, but then de-selects and selects None again. Is there some piece I'm missing? I see in the above post you mention 1.0.2.82.1SF has issues, does 1.0.2.82SF also? I didn't see any other precursor to enabling it.

Thanks!

Reactions: KW.
Just wanted to report a few bugs I had with the Kamoj addon on my R7800. Not sure if these have been reported before

1) QoS Automatically Enables itself after every reboot
2) Was having this weird issue where Access Control was unable to unblock a device. I would goto Edit, change Block to Allow and maybe change the Name. The name would update, but the device would remain blocked

This was on the firmware - R7800-V1.0.2.80.7SF - not sure what Kamoj version it was though - though probably a version released in early Dec. I had updated both together and the next Voxel FW came on the 17th of Dec, which was not out yet at the time

I uninstalled the addon and everything started working normally. Has anyone encountered such issues?

Ps: Looks like ge.tt is shutting down soon. Might need to host the beta elsewhere

hi kamoj
Recently, i notice a problem that i can't change any setting in kamoj addon page with firefox, but using chrome base browser can.
this problem only happens on addon page, idk why.

hi kamoj
Recently, i notice a problem that i can't change any setting in kamoj addon page with firefox, but using chrome base browser can.
this problem only happens on addon page, idk why.
I'm going to suggest it might have something to do with Firefox's javascript implementation in their browser engine. You'll probably find that if you test by using Edge browser, it also works (same engine as Chrome). I've had this (not often) happen on some websites that make heavy use of javascript.

Also, I personally haven't experienced any issues using Firefox with kamoj's add-on, have you tried clearing your browser's cache to see whether that helps?

I'm going to suggest it might have something to do with Firefox's javascript implementation in their browser engine. You'll probably find that if you test by using Edge browser, it also works (same engine as Chrome). I've had this (not often) happen on some websites that make heavy use of javascript.

Also, I personally haven't experienced any issues using Firefox with kamoj's add-on, have you tried clearing your browser's cache to see whether that helps?
I tried the "usual ways"
Clear Firefox cache, didn't work.
Switch off ad-blocker addon, didn't work.
Switch off build-in tracking protection stuff, didn't work.
Browse with firefox "incognito mode", didn't work.
Finally, reset the entire browser, also didn't work.
Looks like the kamoj add-on setting page hate firefox. ;_;
thanks for your suggestion anyways.

I have followed the installation steps for this addon on my R9000 mainly to test Wireguard but I cannot see any Wireguard client under "Kamoj Menu". Am I missing something?

TNX Kamoj & Voxel,

1620895727836.png

Last edited:
I have followed the installation steps for this addon on my R9000 mainly to test Wireguard but I cannot see any Wireguard client under "Kamoj Menu". Am I missing something?
Answering myself: no wireguard GUI client on Kamoj addon in 5.0 version. For that purpose please proceed:

I noticed that the DNSCrypt does not always start correctly with the add-on after the restart.
It may be because of DNSCrypt changed it's configuration?
From Opening Post of this thread:
"
This version of the kamoj add-on is not compatible with the DNSCrypt version in later Voxel R7800 (1.0.2.82.1SF) and R9000 (1.0.4.47HF).
You must stay with Voxel 1.0.2.81.1SF / 1.0.4.46HF, or not use the kamoj GUI for DNSCrypt to keep DNSCrypt compatibility, see:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/k...ear-r7800-x4s-and-r9000-x10.60590/post-661166
"

It may be because of DNSCrypt changed it's configuration?
From Opening Post of this thread:
"
This version of the kamoj add-on is not compatible with the DNSCrypt version in later Voxel R7800 (1.0.2.82.1SF) and R9000 (1.0.4.47HF).
You must stay with Voxel 1.0.2.81.1SF / 1.0.4.46HF, or not use the kamoj GUI for DNSCrypt to keep DNSCrypt compatibility, see:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/k...ear-r7800-x4s-and-r9000-x10.60590/post-661166
"
oh it's my mistake didn’t read the whole post to the end
Thank)

I am on Voxel V1.0.2.82 and in http://www.routerlogin.net/debug.htm I don't see any options to enable telnet
EDIT: Think I auto-updated and got off of Voxel :D Installed the recommended version, kamoj, and got the ad blocking running with dns encryption. Thanks!

Last edited:
I had previously been using Voxel/Kamoj for a long time and have been testing out DD-WRT for 6 months and I'm now looking to return to Voxel/Kamoj.

I was previously running the Beta versions of Kamoj but I can see that you've changed the process and access to the Beta.

Can you tell me what version the instructions on the first post install?

The first post was updated on 21/05/2021 so just checking if you updated the version to a newer release, as this previously used to be a very early beta version.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!